Subject: Promo Image Request rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Altr Star
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone that has received their KS wave 2 are able to post some pictures of the promo survivors? In particular, Fred, Achille and Don (Mustache pack).

My survivors (Achille, Don) are on a funny lean and just doesn't look right. I've contacted CMON and they will be sending out replacements after wave 2 has shipped for the US/International.

In the mean time, I'm wondering if someone can show me a pic of their Fred character so I can see if the figure posture is correct and if I need to get that replaced too.

I'm currently not home so I cant upload my pics - will do so later this evening.

Thanks in advance!

Pics here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you do the hot water/cold water fix to stand them up straight? I know I have had to heat my figures a little to get the bases flat, but I have yet to have one leaning bad enough that I needed to fix it. I hope you get the pictures you are asking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altr Star
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your response, I've updated the post with pictures. I'm a bit scared to try bend them myself in case I break it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The plastic will get soft enough to re-pose, then as you hold it in the position you want, you dunk it in ice water for a few seconds. It's a quick,easy and cheap fix. It looks like just the ankles are mis-formed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded an image of every promo I have. Check out my gallery.

http://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/655761/wonderslug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done the hot water method on some season one zombies and it worked without issue. I recommend doing it for a quick and easy fix. You'll be surprised.

My worst offender is Mack. I know his concept art suggests a lean, but this seems a little extreme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. With the bend in his knee. I'd say that far of a lean is intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hallahan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Achille was on a similar lean, but your Don is a real anomaly.

Mack is just meant to be like that I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can see there is nothing permanently wrong with the minis or their ankles. They are definitely not damaged or permanently damaged. Many plastic minis will bend or lean due to how they are packed or the temp differences they go through.

Many of my season 1 and 2 survivors arrived leaning or with bent bases (pet pieve of mine) so they would not sit flat. I used the water method to fix them all.

Microwave a coffee mug of water for 4 minutes, dip the bent part in for 15 seconds (it will become very flexible), hold it in the desired position and either run it under cold water or put it in your fridge/freezer for 30 seconds to keep the pose.

You can actually use this method to customize miniatures by bending them into new poses. Remember that plastic (especially soft plastic) is very flexible and wants to revert back into it's original form with the correct motivation - just like autobody damage (plasticity).

Good luck and more promo pics please! Keep us updated, if they give out replacements for this issue, I hope most of mine arrive bent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altr Star
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much guys for uploading your pics and sharing your thoughts. I'll definitely keep you all posted!

P.s I think Mack's lean is intentional, mines like that too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altr Star
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

Just a quick update, cmon has sent two replacements to me and both has no slant!

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
altrstar wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just a quick update, cmon has sent two replacements to me and both has no slant!

Cheers

Would "Good on ya!" Be appropriate in this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.