Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe I've missed ~three~ Chibi Kickstarters from Impact! Miniatures.
Fortunately? It looks like only 3-5 minis won't be re-released for general sale, i.e. 'KickStarter exclusives'
(the Chimera, Manticore, Sphinx, Nightmare: all great Bosses, unfortunately!!
All the other mini's are readily available (or soon will be!) from http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=chibi

From my count...? The 3 KS projects give a total (depending on how you count) of some:
3-10 Bosses, 10-20 mini bosses, 35+ spawning monster-types, and 30+ Hero types,
spread across 3-5 different 'themes'/levels (dungeon crawl, Undead, wilderness, aquatic, oriental, & Mythos).
Impressive!! Has anyone done SDE type stat-cards for Impact! Miniatures figures yet?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/classic-dunge...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-asian-a...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-gasligh...

Thinking out loud:
Since CMON Limited and Soda Pop Miniatures have parted ways,
I wonder what the possibility is for an Official Soda Pop Miniatures / Impact! Miniatures joint venture?
I'd love to see some official (or even semi-official) 'Add-On' packs for SDE using the existing impact chibis.

(Yes: This thread is essentially a reposting of my message on the [thread=15264984]Alternate Chibi Sculpts Thread[/thread] )
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a thread a while back with my ideas for Heroes and monster sets using the first impact KS.
I'm on the phone so can't find it right now.
And I do need to get back to it and flesh everything out.

I think they will work very well with SDE.
The bodies are the same size, though the impact heads are a little bit bigger.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me nearly forever to find it.
Had to do a manual search but here ya go.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/908335/custom-heroes-and-con...

Looking at it now, I realize it's been over a year since last worked on it.
Been a rough and busy year.

I'll put it back up on my list.
I'm still getting settled in from my move but I will make this my first game project.
To flesh out the rules.

And I'll try and get some pics of the minis next to sde minis for comparison.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And by the time I finish it, I imagine it'll be time to start working on Co op version to work with FK.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!
Exactly what I was looking for;
Lots of work done there, Excellent!
Thanks for posting that, and for the heads up on where it was...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
White Elk wrote:
Wow!
Exactly what I was looking for;
Lots of work done there, Excellent!
Thanks for posting that, and for the heads up on where it was...


Hope it helps.
If you happen to improve on my start, please share?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Hope it helps.
If you happen to improve on my start, please share?


Well. I'm actually still working on figuring out the basic game mechanics.
I bought a mess of the original Soda pop metal figs back in the day,
but never quite pulled the trigger on getting the main game itself.
I went ahead and pledged in to the SDE: Forgotten King KS, and started looking hard at all the goodies again.

I kind of went into a mild panic attack realizing that (reading between the lines)
the dissolving of SodaPop and CMON's partnership means that all the SDE stuff is basically OOP right now.
I went ahead and bought a cheap Dragons Clutch box since they are currently going for $80- + on Amazon,
and I am debating other purchases.

It looks like Sodapop is dedicated to keeping everything in print, though,
with none of CMON's limited edition & exclusive shenanigans
(as evidenced by This Thread: http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2... ,
Now I can't decide if I should wait for the SodaPop reprint of the base game (presuming there might be a quality of components upgrade).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Anders
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
White Elk wrote:
Fortunately? It looks like only 3-5 minis won't be re-released for general sale, i.e. 'KickStarter exclusives'
(the Chimera, Manticore, Sphinx, Nightmare: all great Bosses, unfortunately!!
All the other mini's are readily available (or soon will be!) from http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=chibi

Thomas Diener ... I have good news for you.

Those figures were not exclusives ... we just needed to redo the moulds to improve the quality of the figure.

The only permanently retired figure from our 1st KickStarter was the Giant Cobra and Orc with Polearm. And the 2nd figure was reworked to fix him and then turned into the Chinese Hobgoblin.

All the Asian figures should be in the store by April 1st as well as the Chimera, Manticore, Egyptian Sphinx, Greek Sphinx and Nightmare

As for a Soda Pop and Impact! joint venture. We approached Soda Pop about this at the GAMA Trade show in 2013. The answer was that if they ever went separate ways from CMoN ... that it MIGHT be possible. So given the recent news, I would agree that the time has come that we can hopefully talk with them again about it.

Tom @ Impact!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Galak~
You wouldn't believe the Grin on my face right now!
Thank you so much for the production update, (I needs me some Sphinges)
and I do hope the talks prove fruitful!

GalakStarscraper wrote:

I have good news for you.

Those figures were not exclusives ...
All the ... figures should be in the store by April 1st ...
As for a Soda Pop and Impact! joint venture. ...I would agree that the time has come that we can hopefully talk with them again about it.

Tom @ Impact!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Renwick
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GalakStarscraper wrote:
White Elk wrote:
Fortunately? It looks like only 3-5 minis won't be re-released for general sale, i.e. 'KickStarter exclusives'
(the Chimera, Manticore, Sphinx, Nightmare: all great Bosses, unfortunately!!
All the other mini's are readily available (or soon will be!) from http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=chibi

Thomas Diener ... I have good news for you.

Those figures were not exclusives ... we just needed to redo the moulds to improve the quality of the figure.

The only permanently retired figure from our 1st KickStarter was the Giant Cobra and Orc with Polearm. And the 2nd figure was reworked to fix him and then turned into the Chinese Hobgoblin.

All the Asian figures should be in the store by April 1st as well as the Chimera, Manticore, Egyptian Sphinx, Greek Sphinx and Nightmare

As for a Soda Pop and Impact! joint venture. We approached Soda Pop about this at the GAMA Trade show in 2013. The answer was that if they ever went separate ways from CMoN ... that it MIGHT be possible. So given the recent news, I would agree that the time has come that we can hopefully talk with them again about it.

Tom @ Impact!


This would be awesome!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
hey these minis are cute. thanks alot for the link.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GalakStarscraper wrote:

The only permanently retired figure from our 1st KickStarter was the Giant Cobra and Orc with Polearm. And the 2nd figure was reworked to fix him and then turned into the Chinese Hobgoblin.


And the Giant Snake is back! Sort of. Same giant tail, upper reptilianish body with arms as the mythos monster Yig in the current KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-gasligh...

And we may get a smaller version of the same sculpt before the KS is done.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! The Asian Adventurers are all up in the store now: http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=chibi
(the store is a little wonky, you have to register log-in first if you want to get prices in USD.)


And only 2 days left to run on the Gaslight/Cthulhu/Sci-Fi KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-gasligh...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Anders
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
snowren24 wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:

All the Asian figures should be in the store by April 1st as well as the Chimera, Manticore, Egyptian Sphinx, Greek Sphinx and Nightmare

As for a Soda Pop and Impact! joint venture. We approached Soda Pop about this at the GAMA Trade show in 2013. The answer was that if they ever went separate ways from CMoN ... that it MIGHT be possible. So given the recent news, I would agree that the time has come that we can hopefully talk with them again about it.

Tom @ Impact!


This would be awesome!
Update. Spoke to Soda Pop at Adepticon. Impact! has permission to link to fan created cards for Super Dungeon that use our miniatures as long as the print and play cards are stored off-site like BGG. So we are definitely interested in anyone making fan stats and cards for our figures now that we have this official permission.

Tom @ Impact!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GalakStarscraper wrote:
snowren24 wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:

All the Asian figures should be in the store by April 1st as well as the Chimera, Manticore, Egyptian Sphinx, Greek Sphinx and Nightmare

As for a Soda Pop and Impact! joint venture. We approached Soda Pop about this at the GAMA Trade show in 2013. The answer was that if they ever went separate ways from CMoN ... that it MIGHT be possible. So given the recent news, I would agree that the time has come that we can hopefully talk with them again about it.

Tom @ Impact!


This would be awesome!
Update. Spoke to Soda Pop at Adepticon. Impact! has permission to link to fan created cards for Super Dungeon that use our miniatures as long as the print and play cards are stored off-site like BGG. So we are definitely interested in anyone making fan stats and cards for our figures now that we have this official permission.

Tom @ Impact!


Awesome.
I'll get back on fleshing out the ones I started.
And once the cards are released for forgotten king, I'll translate them to coop
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.