Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the back of the bases in this set are back to the original light blue. Cthulhu was an aberration, it appears. Very thematic.

Still unsure all factions bring something definable new to the table, though. Shapeshifters, sure, but apes feel a little indistinct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Yep, the back of the bases in this set are back to the original light blue. Cthulhu was an aberration, it appears. Very thematic.

Still unsure all factions bring something definable new to the table, though. Shapeshifters, sure, but apes feel a little indistinct.

I have to royally disagree. There were only 5 play on a minion cards total in the game before this expansion (i think). The Apes alone have 8. Playing on minions and getting those back or playing extra is very different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
posterchild21 wrote:
MrMT wrote:

I have to royally disagree. There were only 5 play on a minion cards total in the game before this expansion (i think). The Apes alone have 8. Playing on minions and getting those back or playing extra is very different.

Ok. I haven't played them yet, appreciate the thought. Glad to hear it if they do indeed have a unique play style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, after playing them this am, they are a great deck - reminded me a little of dinosaurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.