Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got an event (using/giving out an OP1 kit) coming up next month that's a single ship, 40 points, Faction pure. The wormhole will in the middle of each board and, after we kill our opponent, we have the option to fly into the wormhole & end up on another random board that is still going on so we can try & get more fleet points. (There's still some details to be worked out about that being a Win or Lose or what. Doesn't matter right now.)

So, given the single ship, 40 pt, Faction pure requirement, I'd love suggestions. Extra survivability/repairs might be helpful too.

Here's my thought for the Federation:
USS Enterprise-D
Jean-Luc Picard
Dmitri Valtane
Kyle
39 points

I actually put together a Ferengi ship that I thought might do okay. I don't know that it could win 3 rounds, but it could probably win one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd consider swapping Valtane for Engage. It sounds like speed and long term survivability will be key, so getting out of arc will ultimately prove more beneficial than the re-rolls (which in turn force you to scan).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I posted but must have clicked the wrong button.

Just wanted to say that I LOVE this setup and wish this event was happening in my area.

My room-mate and I came up with this, it's a softer ship but at the same time steps can be taken to keep it alive.

U.S.S. Reliant (20)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Dmitri Valtane (3)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Ship SP: 40

Total Build SP: 40

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three options.

U.S.S Enterprise-D (28)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Engage (3)
Hikaru Sulu (3)

You'll be impossible to hit and, if you fly right, should pretty much constantly have a shot due to the 360.

Resource: Flagship Independent (Fed) (10)

U.S.S. Equinox (20)
Rudolph Ransom (2)
Flagship (0)
Dmitri Valtane (3)
High Energy Sensor Sweep (5)
Ship SP: 30

Every turn, take the Eclipse action and your free evade. If you're in a position where they can't shoot you, take a HESS and get rerolls too. Plink away as long as you like, because (assuming no HESS) they need to deal 3 damage past 4 Agility and an Evade token to even scratch you. On 40 points, that's gonna be pretty tough for anyone not doing the following:

Negh'Var (30)
Worf (3)
N'Garen (4)
Alexander (3)

Worf plus N'Garen is just amazingly good dice quality. Get in range 1, roll six dice, everything not blank is a hit, everything blank gets rerolled, only blanks aren't rerolled, and getting damaged means you get Battle Stations to evade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Yeah, I would say that the toughest defense you can mount and some ability to repair is key,

Federation:
24 USS Defiant
6 Picard
3 Sulu
2 Kyle
5 Quantum Torps
HAS: 4 modded defense dice, good action economy, repairs, access to occasional hard hit.

Klingon:
18 IKS Somraw
10 Klingon Flagship
4 Koloth
4 Bukah
4 Tactical Sensors OR Secondary Shield Emitters
HAS: 6 modded defense dice, can force attacker to reroll a die, some repairs. TacSens would help on getting hits on offense. Emitters would help if you ever get caught uncloaked and lose shields.

Dominion
26 Koranak
5 Dukat
2 Boheeka
4 Cloak
3 Tetryon Emissions
HAS: up to 8 defense, 5 attack, good action economy.

Dominion 2
22 5th Wing
10 Dominion Flagship
5 Dukat
2 Breen Aide
HAS: 3 base Defense, 8 HP, Excellent Action Economy

Romulan
30 Khazara
4 Toreth
4 Additional Weapons Array
2 Polarized hull Plating
HAS: 6 Defense, Crit Resistance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.