Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So we just finished our first game. Awesome. We all loved it. One question though - the five of us are in it for the long haul. Should we change up the seating order every time? Leave it the same?

What are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Edited to avoid spoilers)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
We don't sit down until

Ha! Ha! He's such a kidder. He means the seating order doesn't matter, and that play goes clockwise from the high roller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Black Canyon wrote:
We don't sit down until

Ha! Ha! He's such a kidder. He means the seating order doesn't matter, and that play goes clockwise from the high roller.

I must be missing something. What does seating order mean if not the order you are seated around the table?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Black Canyon wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
Black Canyon wrote:
We don't sit down until

I must be missing something. What does seating order mean if not the order you are seated around the table?

No, I think you missed the part where I said we finished our FIRST game - so you're probably speaking of something that I know nothing about yet.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
No, I think you missed the part where I said we finished our FIRST game - so you're probably speaking of something that I know nothing about yet.

Thank you!

Ah, ok. Yes, you're right. Totally my fault!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It is no secret that the rulebook page on game setup (page 7) has a substantial number of sticker-framed sections and that page actually has the note that rules will change as those stickers are applied.

Suffice it to say, the seating order concern you may have after game 1, is not a long-term concern. If you want to change it up each game right now, go for it. If you don't, there will be little harm. Whichever decision you go with for the time being will be moot soon enough anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Selection then proceeds clockwise around the table, with
each player choosing a faction and a legal starting territory

---Rules addition C will go here and replace these rules-----

-------------------------------------------------------------

The player who placed first takes the first turn, with play
proceeding clockwise.

---Rules addition D will go here and replace these rules-----

Nobody was under the delusion that rules addition C and D just say the same thing as the text under the sticker said, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.