Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you can't pass over the same spot in a single turn.

That technically leaves the possibility that you can start on, say, black, and then move to blue and back to black to complete a black objective. Doing so, technically does not require you to pass over the initial black space.

I'm 99% sure that isn't possible, but the rules are pretty bad at this stage, and I'd like to verify.

Thanks!

Edit: yes, this could be seen as splitting hairs, but in a tight abstract coop, it will ease my mind to know that I ruled correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not sure I understand your question.

You can step on any other black space on the board except the one you started on. You may complete a black objective if you happen to already be on a black space, but you must end your turn on any black node which is NOT the one you started on.

Does that answer you?

-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me retry:

Can I start on black space "A", move to the blue space next to it "B" and then move back to the original black space "A".

I'm 99% sure you cannot do this, but the rules, as written, are not clear. The exact wording leaves a loophole.

Assuming I'm correct, the "only restrictions to movement" rules should read something like:

"Your token cannot share a space nor pass through a space occupied by your partner's token.

Your token may not occupy a space nor pass through a space your token has previously occupied during any part of your current turn."

Edit: another way of saying the second part would be, "You can only move your token in one direction around the track, and can never reverse directions."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot do that. You MUST end your turn on a node which you did not start your turn on. If you go back to the node you started on you have passed onto the same spot in a single turn.

You can reverse directions if you move through the different levels. So if you are moving clockwise on the outer circle, you may move into the inner circle (Providing it is unlocked) and go anti-clockwise.

You just cannot step on a node that you have already stepped on or been in this turn. The node you start on, is obviously one that you have stepped on, so you must move off it, and may NOT step on it again this turn.

-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for verifying my suspicions. You might want to think about changing the wording when/if you update the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Thanks for verifying my suspicions. You might want to think about changing the wording when/if you update the rules.
Maybe try "land on" or "enter" instead of "cross over".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.