Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric deRuiter
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When cards give money when does that happen? For example Charles Sumner Attacked in Congress gives $1 each turn during the action phase until it is used. When is this $1 taken? As an action? Before your actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played solo so far, so haven't used that card, but I would say you get the money the same way you get the money from your role. So at the start of your action phase, and it's not one of your actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card in front of me, but if it says "during the action phase," that means during action face. There are a large list of things that can happen "during the action phase," and the game says you can take them in any order that you want to...as long as it is the action phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchasing a card is certainly an action, but I'm inclined to think that collecting the $1 each turn is not an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you would get that during your action phase, the timing of it isn't important, so really you could collect it anytime. I always suggest collecting it at the start of your turn or when you collect funds from your role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that Charles Sumner would pay you $1 even if you pass, since its use is not one of the five actions that you are choosing to skip when you pass.

Do others agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.