Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn's UA has a clause:
Kaityln's UA wrote:
When a player would move into a Wormhole Marker, remove it instead. ...
Note: Some effects can cause a player to end up standing on a Wormhole Marker (such as 'swap places'). Wormhole Markers have no effect when players are standing on them.

Exactly what are these circumstances where an opponent can end up standing on a Wormhole Marker? That "Note" confuses me greatly, as without it, I would have thought that however a player moves onto a Wormhole Marker, whether with an advance or retreat, direct movement, or something like Karin & Jager's swap on a Full Moon, it still counts as a movement (as per the FAQ). Why would a swap not count as movement, and what else would fail to trigger the Wormhole removal?

There is one case I can think of where an opponent could end up standing on a Wormhole, and that's a Pulse, which does not count as movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One case? Kaitlyn can Grasp to place an opponent on the Marker.

Since she can choose to ignore her Wormholes?

I'm not sure. I didn't test Kaitlyn too much when it came to the semantics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Pulse and Telepresent's End of Beat effect are currently the only situations where the opponent can end up on a wormhole.
The clause was from a time where switch and swaps were not considered movements. They were then brought in line with other movements in order to avoid unnecessary exceptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
One case? Kaitlyn can Grasp to place an opponent on the Marker.

Since she can choose to ignore her Wormholes?
I don't think that works:
Kaitlyn's UA wrote:
Kaitlyn may choose to selectively ignore the effects of individual Wormhole Markers when she is moving and calculating range.
In your situation, she would not be moving or calculating range.
Phyr wrote:
Pulse and Telepresent's End of Beat effect are currently the only situations where the opponent can end up on a wormhole.
The clause was from a time where switch and swaps were not considered movements. ...
OK! I will wiki this answer if there is nothing more official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.