Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Furious George keep his power boost after the end of the turn? I would imagine that he does since it doesn't specify that he has +1 power for each action played on it this turn.

Do we use score tokens to keep track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Furious George: "Ongoing: Has +1 power for each action played on it"

The card does not include "this turn" in the description so I think it would be safe to assume that it carries over past the turn that the action is played on it. You can use tokens if you want, but then you would probably want tokens to count the power of a Microbot Alpha or a Steam Man as well. There's too much going on in this game to record everything with tokens so my recommendation is to always re-read every minion's ability after a player finishes playing their actions and minions to re-evaluate whether a base will break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhatAChamp wrote:
You can use tokens if you want, but then you would probably want tokens to count the power of a Microbot Alpha or a Steam Man as well. There's too much going on in this game to record everything with tokens so my recommendation is to always re-read every minion's ability after a player finishes playing their actions and minions to re-evaluate whether a base will break.

Not every action that can be played on a minion has an ongoing effect. Many cards will simply give a power boost until the end of the turn or move a minion to another base and go to the discard pile. It is these effects I was considering the use of tokens for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
JorduSpeaks wrote:
WhatAChamp wrote:
You can use tokens if you want, but then you would probably want tokens to count the power of a Microbot Alpha or a Steam Man as well. There's too much going on in this game to record everything with tokens so my recommendation is to always re-read every minion's ability after a player finishes playing their actions and minions to re-evaluate whether a base will break.

Not every action that can be played on a minion has an ongoing effect. Many cards will simply give a power boost until the end of the turn or move a minion to another base and go to the discard pile. It is these effects I was considering the use of tokens for.

I don't think these types of actions interact with Furious George's ability. It says "For every action played on it" which implies it would only activate for actions that say "Play on a minion". I can't think of a single action card that says Play on a Minion that doesn't attach to that minion for an ongoing effect. Augmentation for example says to give a minion +4 power but it doesn't say to play on a minion so it would not give Furious George a bonus. If there was an action that could be played on a minion but wasn't ongoing, I would take this the same way as I would with an action that was attached to him but was destroyed, Furious George would lose the bonus once it was gone. I hope that helps to clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use tokens constantly to keep track of every change to minions' power. It's not hard to do, and makes it easy to tell the total power at a glance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Barliman wrote:
We use tokens constantly to keep track of every change to minions' power. It's not hard to do, and makes it easy to tell the total power at a glance.

Just out of curiosity, do you remove and replace 2 tokens on an Armored Stego every time your turn comes and leaves? Do you add tokens to all of your minions when you use swashbuckling? Do you add a new token to each Microbot when you put out a Fixer? Do you store the tokens on the cards or elsewhere? It seems like you'd need an insane number of tokens to keep track of all of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes, yes. It doesn't take all that much time, and doing that is easier than figuring things out on the fly each time the need arises.

We put them on the cards.

We haven't found it hard. The theoretical extreme cases don't come up often.

Depending on what we find closest to hand, we have used plastic beads (cylindrical), wound tokens from Summoner Wars (which have a 3 on the back to stand for 3 tokens), and mini poker chips (about 3/4" in diameter). And we use tokens of a different color for negative power (e.g. Poison).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
WhatAChamp wrote:

I don't think these types of actions interact with Furious George's ability. It says "For every action played on it" which implies it would only activate for actions that say "Play on a minion". I can't think of a single action card that says Play on a Minion that doesn't attach to that minion for an ongoing effect. Augmentation for example says to give a minion +4 power but it doesn't say to play on a minion so it would not give Furious George a bonus. If there was an action that could be played on a minion but wasn't ongoing, I would take this the same way as I would with an action that was attached to him but was destroyed, Furious George would lose the bonus once it was gone. I hope that helps to clarify.

This is correct. Only actions that are of the type "Play on a Minion" give george a boost from his own ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.