Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the quest "A Desperate Act," this evening.

I figured everything out OK and made some arbitrary judgement calls on things like... "Heroes must survive wave 3" and "Marcus appears on wave 4".

Umm... So, if it's 3 waves, why are there 4? I guess... I should treat 4 like an invisible wave and don't populate it? And Marcus helps me to clean up the place? Or, they could have just said he appears at the end of wave 3.

Anyway, don't want to get into rant mode. I have three questions...

1. What is up with the 2 fighter tokens? I put them next to the fire, but then I didn't know what to do with them. Do they have HP? Do they attract enemies? Can they fight? Are they just background?

2. Rewards: All quests have a Serendipity icon and Darkness icon in the rewards section. I assumed that was success vs. defeat. But I've seen some with little numbers in the corner of the Serendipity and Darkness icons. Do we get that much Serendipity? And what do we do when Darkness has a number? If any of this happens, do we also assume no number is just like the number 1 had been printed on it?

3. Marcus. He appeared. Is he now an ally I can summon with Serendipity in future tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is no number in the SL symbol, so you follow the quest, 3 wave alone, then 1 last with Marcus (mostly to know how to use him

1 Here is the change i made to the desesperate quest in the FR version after talking with Brian, they are 1 HP, 0 threat, they don't move, they are pretty safe (if you don't face Rath of course) since they won't be high on priority list

2 number en serendipity symbol is a gain of serendipity yes
The number on darkness only appear on 1 quest (stolen treasure) i think it is for the 2 green treasure but it is not used in any of the other 84 quest card.

3 if you follow the card you can't, there is no "Marcus is now your Ally" but you can houserule it, it make sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Endevor. We didn't play the fourth wave because we assumed we beat it when we survived 3. I can now see it would have been fun to play a fourth with him.

1. It didn't appear that you would lose the quest if fighters died anyway, so I'll just treat them as furniture with those stats. Simple enough.

2. I guess I'll ignore the number on darkness for stolen quest then?

3. That's cool. It's hard to tell what to do in Myth sometimes. There's another way to get him as an ally, I assume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the quest name should be for honnor and glory or something like that ( i just have my french translation here the name is not 100% i guess).

é. I think you can, i asked Brian, we will see the official answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:

3. That's cool. It's hard to tell what to do in Myth sometimes. There's another way to get him as an ally, I assume?

From the Kickstarter, I thought you gained him for use in only the Slaughterfield type Quests/Game mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.