Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kotzur-Yang
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a social media themed tile placement game. You control a social media startup company that's building a brand and users. I wanted some help coming up with a bit of extra flavour.

The Main Thing
Your company's made up of two halves that you combine together. The company you create targets certain keywords which lets you score users with that keyword. So, what I've got so far is left side:
Twit (celebrity), Insta (sharer), Buzz (culture), Face (social), App (tech), Link (networking)
and right side:
face (socia), pic (photo), r (extra points for first keyword), link (networking), buzz (culture). So, example combinations are Twitface, Instabuzz, Linkr.
Playtesters really liked the flavour of combining two halves to form semi-ridiculous things. I really want to add more social media satire into the game, so I was hoping someone could come up with some brilliant ideas for the company halves.

Extra Stuff
My five main keywords are social, photo, culture, networking and tech. The users are Bro (networking, social), Sharer (social, photo), Geek (tech, culture), Hipster (photo, culture), Suit (tech, networking), ADD ME (networking, wild) and Celebrity (wild). They each have special abilities when placed as well. I'm open to new or better names for the user types as well (not happy with sharer or suit). But the current configuration is reasonably balanced.

I've got one extra keyword (comment) that I'm holding back for now and 3 extra users (academic, moderator, troll).

I did this as part of the 24 hour February and am working on some refinements now. I intend on posting up a [WIP} once it gets to play test stage, but I'm trying to decide what game to focus on right now. You can check out the Geeklist with rule and components here. I've also included a basic layout image below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could rename sharer to "mom" to represent the average pinterest user.

I like the name "suit," especially with the pinstripes on the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotzur-Yang
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered adding something like that but I wanted to keep things generic, gender neutral and non-judgemental. Was also going to add in a retiree user, but seems kind of mean. The sharer is supposed to be someone who takes a lot of selfies, but couldn't come up with a better term that sharer.

Also, I'm Australian so I can't in all good conscience use the American spelling of mum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.