Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Lagasse
United States
Derry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you got a tax return back are you or have you gotten any games with it yet? I just got mine back and shopped over at Coolstuffinc (first time shopping there, prices are great).

I've just ordered:
-Quantum
- RoboRally
-Sentinels of the Multiverse
-Skull
-Star Trek: Fleet Captains
- One Night Ultimate Werewolf

I'm really excited to get these in, tried to get a good balance of games. I was considering picking up Mage Knight Board Game but I don't know how much it will hit the table yet, so I'm going to hold off a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Krahn
Canada
Taber
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The real question is if I'll get a tax return this year! I just bought quite a few games so any returns would probably go into savings. I know, I'm boring. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mayfield
United States
Artesia
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
I got Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set, Star Realms.
For computer I pre-purchased Age of Wonders III on Steam.
---Rob in Artesia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually owe additional taxes. But I buy games anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My return is being used to pay for school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Lewis
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just ordered Galaxy Defenders, Terra Mystica, and the 4 latest Descent figures (the ones already out). My son and I can't wait to try these out.
You should get Mage Knight if able. That's another game my son and I thoroughly enjoy. It's great solo as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Parker
Canada
Chatham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes! I picked up Caverna last week and I'm loving it! Can't wait to play it again with my group tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Noetzel
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amazon and Turbotax offered a deal this year. Take part of your refund in Amazon giftcards and they'll add 10% to it.

So I will be getting some games, I just haven't pulled the trigger on any yet. I have about 30 games on my Amazon wishlist, watching for sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got negative games... As In games I wanted to buy I can no longer afford.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mae
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of it will be used to pay bills (boring) but I did treat myself to a CSI order.

Troyes
Letters from Whitechapel
Jaipur
No Thanks!
Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small – More Buildings Big and Small
Ticket to Ride: USA 1910
Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport
Timeline: Music & Cinema

Supposed to arrive today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh willhite
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a penny. I keep my hobby and house money separate. I used to play Warhammer 40k, so I'm clearing out old unfinished projects and I still make wargaming terrain to fund board game purchases.

We bought a car. I did make a remark that it would've been really fun just to blow that money on board games/redecorate the nerd cave though (one day, oh yes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Johnson
United States
Midvale
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haven't bought anything yet. we have the cash we budgeted for on hand and waiting to buy stuff until after our local con next week so we can get a better idea of what games will be worth it.

Related note, we did pick up http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/142326/eight-minute-empir... with money from our fun fund

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychael Rudd
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
It was a pretty great year for our household in terms of tax returns, and its been a bit of a struggle to not go completely off the deep-end and just blow an exorbitant amount on our cardboard addiction. So far, we've picked up Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends, Jaipur and a couple of expansions for Android: Netrunner. Also might be getting an unclaimed copy of Alien Frontiers from my FLGS, provided no one claims it between now and monday.

Also, what with me being a student, we're usually 100% CSI customers, because the discount is just too significant to ignore. Since we're a little more flush than usual, we've been buying all these through the FLGS. Feels good to put some money into the local scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No refund for me. Refunds aren't exactly found money anyway, they're just corrections on what you over- or under-paid throughout the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Lagasse
United States
Derry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree with everyone here. I've still got some I'm putting away for bills, etc but I wanted to spend a bit on some new board games. It's not often I game spend $200 on games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb

No, not yet. I'm going to wait until my friends and family get together then order based on their recommendations and willingness to play. I used to be impulsive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
i picked up an old Games Workshop edition of DungeonQuest and an old Avalon Hill edition of Nexus Ops and also ordered Paperback, whenever that gets around to shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RCH RCH
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Class of 2004
badge
It's not Jackie Chan!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Year of the Dragon
Jamaica
Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin

Probably getting Jamaica to the table this Thursday, can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Figuière
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tax season is not over, here. :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris phillips
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got my 2013 stratomatic baseball season
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes I did. I'm a little short on cash as things stand, but I was unable to resist purchasing a few games for the household...keep it a secret from my fiance ninja

I pre-ordered Myth and ordered Eldritch Horror at the same time from Miniature Market in order to qualify for free shipping.

Then........immediately after I told myself, "You've got games coming! Don't get any more games!"

I saw a review of Galaxy Defenders.

And read a few experienced gamer's opinions on that. Interest=piqued.

So now I've got Galaxy Defenders and Freedom: Underground Railroad coming from Miniature Market as well.

I think I'm going to hide them and unveil them slowly around the household, so it doesn't look like I went on a mad gaming purge all in 4 days. Which is exactly what I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes: A Study in Emerald, Hanabi, and Lincoln's War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not this year, it was time to retire my 2003 Hyundai Sonata with 380K miles, so I used my tax refund as a down payment for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I picked up a couple of things:

Primordial Soup
Power Grid: Factory Manager
Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island

The rest went to Mr. Bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Ledoux
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Most I've ever spent on a board game. Well worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.