Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
When I bought the game at Essen, the designer promised me to release his official 2p variant in a couple of weeks. Any news on when we can expect it?
n a related note: if it won't appear, did anyone write up the existing 2p variant in a document?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manuel,

It has been available for some time in the Variants forum for Francis Drake. There is also a solo variant listed there.

Here is a link to the 2-player variant: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1035134/2-player-variant...

Thanks for your support of Eagle-Gryphon Games

Ralph
For Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
That's Mathue's variant right?
With some discussion as to what Peter might do or how a way might decide on. As far as I understand there are still some official rulings etc.

I still would prefer to have an officially official variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter's already endorsed it as an official variant.

Peter Hawes wrote:
I have discussed this with Mathue and when back from Essen, I will post this as an official 2-Player Variant. It works so well that all 2 player gamers need to know this becomes a very good option for Francis Drake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
United States
Prospect
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kayal Games and Eagle Games are releasing a boxed expansion in the next few months for the 2 and 6 player versions.

The playtesting for the 6 player version is what is taking time - checking the numbers of resoureces on all the Plymouth Location Tiles. Nearly finished now, then 2-3 months for artwork and production. A full set of components, including ships, treasure chest, ship log and player bits for the 6th plater are included as well as rules for 6 players and extra guns crew etc, included.

The rules for 2 players have been tweaked slightly from what was previously posted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exciting news about the 6th added player Peter, thanks for sharing!

Peter Hawes wrote:
The rules for 2 players have been tweaked slightly from what was previously posted

How so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerzy Szwarc
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.