Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
69 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Polis: Fight for the Hegemony» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on when/if this will be reprinted?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Góngora
Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark...

This year. The "problem" is that we have different alternatives, and we have to choose one... But whatever the option we choose finally, Polis will be for sure.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic news. I'll be waiting in line.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! Post here when you are ready so I can pre - order. One word of advice though, sooner is better. Especially for me. :0)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
What depresses me is that it's looking like you folks will get to play it before I will cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hept86
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
Do you know whether there will be any changes to the reprint? I like the look of the first Englsih/Spanish edition

Thanks
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Góngora
Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, the look will be the same... We love it!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hept86
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
That's good!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Will the reprint be sold in the United States as well?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Góngora
Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so Alan...

It depends on distribution. We did it with Alliance in the first print-run, but conditions are far from perfect. The biggest problem: we had to assume the shipping to USA, and this is expensive from Europe... We did the big effort, although I don't know if we could repeat it the same conditions. But I hope that now, Polis has a good reputation, so it would be easier to find better conditions or another distributors... But anyway, we will do our biggest effort to distribute again in USA.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
decanox wrote:
I hope so Alan...

It depends on distribution. We did it with Alliance in the first print-run, but conditions are far from perfect. The biggest problem: we had to assume the shipping to USA, and this is expensive from Europe... We did the big effort, although I don't know if we could repeat it the same conditions. But I hope that now, Polis has a good reputation, so it would be easier to find better conditions or another distributors... But anyway, we will do our biggest effort to distribute again in USA.


Awesome! Really want to add this puppy to my owned games.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobleknight games seems to do a lot of import business. Just a suggestion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Dee
msg tools
decanox wrote:
Hi Mark...

This year. The "problem" is that we have different alternatives, and we have to choose one... But whatever the option we choose finally, Polis will be for sure.


Thats great news, do you have a time scale of this reprint ?? I cannot wait to get my hands on this !!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Góngora
Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dee...

We are asking manufacturers and we are working with other publishers too... Then we'll choose a manufacturer and begin the reprint...

So, we are working on it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my biggest board game regrets is not grabbing a copy of Polis when it was available.

I hope Polis gets the attention it deserves;
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Góngora
Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris...

Don't worry, it will be available soon... We are working in the new reprint!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After such a long time desiring to play this acclaimed jewel of game I finally played today morning with a copy of a friend.
Oh boy I love this game and I want it now !!!!
Today I had one of the loveliest gaming session experience of my life, and I am quite old I tell you and have had more than a few !!!

Every single turn was a joy and at the same time a pressure on me to make important decisions. And every single turn I said what a wonderful game!!!

We want it reprinted already , if you can get two copies of it . It is a real invesment!!!

Also I believe this game should be in the top 20 of the BGG without any hesitation!

Well Done Fran!!!
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McKane
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I too am interested in a copy. If there isn't formal distribution to the US , maybe those of us in the US can do a group buy to spread the shipping cost.

James
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon H. just showed me an intriguing image posted today:



It appears a distributor has been selected. Any hopes of knowing a date/time frame on its release?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the email. Q4 2014 is the expected release date.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So now that the distributor is chosen, and we have a rough date, I'd like to start asking the next questions:

What changes can we expect in the second edition?

You've already told us that the look will be the same. Thank you for that.

How about components? Have you considered using the dropped player boards (a la Clash of Cultures)?

Rulebook? Will there be any changes/clarifications?

I'd just like to know of any differences/improvements so I can think about buying one of the copies that have suddenly appeared for sale since this announcement was made; or if I'd be better off waiting for second edition.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
So now that the distributor is chosen, and we have a rough date, I'd like to start asking the next questions:

What changes can we expect in the second edition?

You've already told us that the look will be the same. Thank you for that.

How about components? Have you considered using the dropped player boards (a la Clash of Cultures)?

Rulebook? Will there be any changes/clarifications?

I'd just like to know of any differences/improvements so I can think about buying one of the copies that have suddenly appeared for sale since this announcement was made; or if I'd be better off waiting for second edition.

Thanks!



Plus.... is this going to go via the way of Kickstarter or is it simply going to be reprinted, imported, and then distributed via the normal ways?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Martin
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I've got nothing up my sleeves
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked for a bit more information from Mercury Games. This was their reply:

Quote:

Most of the information will be revealed via our newsletter and BGG, but I can tell you that the game has a new scenario and the rules and cards have had their English cleaned-up a bit too.

There will also be a preorder with a nice promo item for those that do.


I think the implication is that the components are probably NOT going to be upgraded.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jergarmar wrote:
I asked for a bit more information from Mercury Games. This was their reply:

Quote:

Most of the information will be revealed via our newsletter and BGG, but I can tell you that the game has a new scenario and the rules and cards have had their English cleaned-up a bit too.

There will also be a preorder with a nice promo item for those that do.


I think the implication is that the components are probably NOT going to be upgraded.
Except for a new scenario.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jergarmar wrote:
I asked for a bit more information from Mercury Games. This was their reply:

Quote:

Most of the information will be revealed via our newsletter and BGG, but I can tell you that the game has a new scenario and the rules and cards have had their English cleaned-up a bit too.

There will also be a preorder with a nice promo item for those that do.


I think the implication is that the components are probably NOT going to be upgraded.

Based solely on this, I'll wait. Cleaned-up English and the possibility for some extras is enough reason for me.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.