Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules offer a tricky situation when playing solitaire.

If you take just ONE TWO bites then you cannot progress the Contraptions and so you are stuck and cannot win. You MUST not take a second bite.

However, there is a satisfactory way around this, if you adjust the setup and tweak the "Impossible!" rule...

[SETUP FOR ONE PLAYER]
You must place the ROBOTODOC contraption blueprint on the Door, and then choose 4 random other contraptions (rather than choosing 5 random contraptions).

ROBOTODOc lets you heal bites.

[IMPOSSIBLE!]
If none of the Terrible Things on a card are possible, except to "Take Bites", and if the ROBOTODOC contraption is not built yet, then consider "Take Bites" impossible also EDIT: if it gives you a second bite.

It's not wonderful, but it will do the job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One bite token stops you from trading, but it doesn't stop you from Tinkering. It takes two bites to stop you from Tinkering. (See page 7).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BengalBandit wrote:
One bite token stops you from trading, but it doesn't stop you from Tinkering. It takes two bites to stop you from Tinkering. (See page 7).

Yes, good spot... two bites! Thank you.

So, you cannot take more than one bite. This is why you need the adjustments... if you take two bites you lose unless you have the doc contraption built.

I guess this is the same multiplayer too, but you have more opportunity to keep one player free from 2 bites.

Is there any other way to get rid of bites ??

best wishes, Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Wilson
United Kingdom
bristol
flag msg tools
Is the effect cumulative ? Ie if you have 3 bite tokens, do you also have the effect of the 1 and 2 bites ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OrangeHat wrote:
Is the effect cumulative ? Ie if you have 3 bite tokens, do you also have the effect of the 1 and 2 bites ?

Yes - at least the rules do not say otherwise..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.