Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Community, just to make it right I got 2 question

First:

If I use AD on Turn 2 and draw a "double" card, do I need to use my click 3 to use it. I know that when I do it on turn 3, I dont need to use a click and play the card.

Second:

When I use AD and draw those cards:

(1)Ice - (2)Green Level C. (!!!!)- (3)Hedge Funds - (4) Agenda

Do I need to "draw" the card first, so HEdge Funds, or do I need to draw first the card (3) or do I the draw action after the 3th Card. So card (4)

Thanks a lot and keep Running
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Vex85 wrote:
Hey Community, just to make it right I got 2 question

First:

If I use AD on Turn 2 and draw a "double" card, do I need to use my click 3 to use it. I know that when I do it on turn 3, I dont need to use a click and play the card.

Second:

When I use AD and draw those cards:

(1)Ice - (2)Green Level C. (!!!!)- (3)Hedge Funds - (4) Agenda

Do I need to "draw" the card first, so HEdge Funds, or do I need to draw first the card (3) or do I the draw action after the 3th Card. So card (4)

Thanks a lot and keep Running

The additional click is an additional cost which AD tells you to ignore. So no, you don't use your third click to play the double.

Second: Now, this is more complicated. The three cards are still in the R&D even if you look at them. If you see Ice, GLC and HF you can choose their order:

- ICE, GLC, HF - you trash the ice, play GLC, draw the HF and you cannot play HF because it is in your hand now, not R&D
- Ice, HF, GLC - you trash the ice, play HF, play GLC and draw the next card (Agenda in your example)
- GLC, Ice, HF - you play GLC to draw the ice and you play HF
- GLC, HF, Ice - you play GLC to draw HF and trash the ice (you cannot play HF fot he same reason as before)
- HF, GLC, ICE - basically it is the same as GLC, Ice, HF (although the order might matter as you could not be able to fund a HF before GLC)
- HF, Ice GLC - the same as Ice, HF, GLC

At least, I understand the rules this way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:

- ICE, GLC, HF - you trash the ice, play GLC, draw the HF and you cannot play HF because it is in your hand now, not R&D
- Ice, HF, GLC - you trash the ice, play HF, play GLC and draw the next card (Agenda in your example)
- GLC, Ice, HF - you play GLC to draw the ice and you play HF
- GLC, HF, Ice - you play GLC to draw HF and trash the ice (you cannot play HF fot he same reason as before)
- HF, GLC, ICE - basically it is the same as GLC, Ice, HF (although the order might matter as you could not be able to fund a HF before GLC)
- HF, Ice GLC - the same as Ice, HF, GLC

At least, I understand the rules this way

You only trash cards at the end of Accelerated Diagnostics. So you cant choose the ice first, it is just unplayed until either drawn or AD ends and then it trashes

Best answer is to read this thread!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1137909/accelerated-diag...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:
The additional click is an additional cost which AD tells you to ignore. So no, you don't use your third click to play the double.

That is correct.

bazyn wrote:
Second: Now, this is more complicated. The three cards are still in the R&D even if you look at them. If you see Ice, GLC and HF you can choose their order: ...

That is incorrect.

Given the scenario portrayed by the OP- you play AD, you look at the Ice, GLC and HF. Your options are-

1) Do nothing. All three cards are trashed.
2) Play HF. Ice + GLC are trashed.
3) Play GLC. Draw the Ice, HF is trashed.
4) Play HF, then GLC. Draw the Ice.
5) Play GLC, then HF. Draw the Ice.

You will not look at the Agenda and you have no way to reach it given this combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I read this right

EVEN when I see in the 3 Cards a "Card-Draw" card like GLC, I cant get the 4th card?

So

ICe -> Trashed
HF -> played (ofc)
GLC -> Played and Agenda will be drawn

thats impossible?

Because I see it in that way

"You reveal the top 3 cards" and play (if its an operation) or trash (if its anything else). So I thought, you geht 4 creditds from HF and 3 from GLC + the fourth card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would be able to see more if the operation card let you draw more than one card. The issue here is that AD doesn't trash anything until after all operations are resolved - so GLC can only draw the ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So

ICe -> You can do nothing with it, stays at top of R&D
HF -> played, gain your credits.
GLC -> Played, gain credits, draw a card. Top card of R&D is the Ice

As others pointed out and just to reiterate, cards that are not operations stay where they are until the end of advanced diagnostics. So if the top card you see is a piece of Ice, that's the ONLY card you can draw with GLC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...And - to make it really clear, I think - if you the top three cards were HF, an ICE, and Anonymous Tip (NBN's Diesel), you could HF, Anonymous Tip (which draws the ICE and two new cards), or if you play Anonymous Tip first, it would draw the HF (unplayed), ICE, and one new card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it´s correct as I sad above,

I see my 3 Cards

and choose
.1 Ice -> trashed
2. HF
3. GLC and draw the 4th card

This is just crazy ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vex85 wrote:

I see my 3 Cards

and choose
.1 Ice -> trashed
2. HF

This is just crazy ^^

That is incorrect.

You do not choose to trash cards. You choose which cards to play. They resolve one at a time. Then, whichever cards you did not play get trashed. The Ice will be trashed if it's still there after all of the cards were played.

I enumerated all your options in the reply above. There is no way you can draw the fourth card given the configuration you have given.

Accelerated Diagnostics is a harsh mistress sometimes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vex85 wrote:

I see my 3 Cards

and choose
.1 Ice -> trashed
2. HF

This is just crazy ^^

No because GLC resolves before trashing. AD make you play operation THEN trashes nonplayed cards.

So when GLC resolves the Ice is still on top of R&D and therefore that is the card you draw. The important key word here is that AD says "LOOK" 3 cards instead of "DRAW" so when you play AD all the cards are still considered on top of R&D making GLC draw the ice (or the HF).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allright FINAL QUESTION (hopefully)

First - thanks

Second - lets change the Ice into any other NOT Card Drawing OP (Sweep Weeks).

So in this constalation, I would draw the 4th card "IF" I choose GLC to be 3th. Right?

If yes, its now clear.

Thanks a lot again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vex85 wrote:
Allright FINAL QUESTION (hopefully)
Second - lets change the Ice into any other NOT Card Drawing OP (Sweep Weeks).

It depends on the order you choose to play the operations but if you HF, SW, then GLC then yup! You will get the fourth card.

However, if you play them HF, GLC -> it draws the SW and you don't get the fourth card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CLEAR^^

Thank you all , this card should be discrebed better by FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is described fine, you made a relatively common error which is assuming that revealing a card changed the location of the card. Once you understand that the location of the card, and card order remains exactly the same figuring out how the card works is a simple exercise in basic logic...it is just getting your mind wrapped around the difference between what the game state is in fact and how we as players will manipulate our cards, in other words, we pick up the top three cards and reveal them and keep them in our hand even though we know they are not part of HQ. So any card that says draw we naturally look to what is left on R&D and try to draw from there.

In order to write the way the card works while taking into consideration the various conceptual and play errors that players might make the card would need to be in 5 pt font...or e-ink. Oh for the days when cards are written in e-Ink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.