Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: What's in the deluxe edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeh Yung
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What is exactly different about this reported deluxe edition and the regular edition? And can we get this deluxe edition from retailers still?

thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4. What's this about a deluxe box?
- We will have the basic box that will be the intro set, then we'll also have a deluxe box that has the same cards but comes in a wood case, with real clay poker chips, metal ghost rock coins, and wooden outfit cards. Really swanky. There will be a limited number of these available.


It hasn't gone up for sale yet, so you can't get them anywhere right now. It's unknown at this point how you will reserve your copy.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
And each box gets a limited edition pre-painted miniature, like barkeep Charlie Landers...





Okay, I totally just made that up, but c'mon AEG make it happen!

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Why would you need both chips and ghost rock coins? I thought ghost rock was the only currency?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Influence, control points, other various things to track.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Parsons
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Influence, control points, other various things to track.


Stop typing and just take my money already!!!

(Will they be available for pre-order or anything like that?)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Must have. zombie
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably total wishful thinking here.....but I would be AMAZING if there were sleeves with the fantastic new card back. If not in this set, available separately. Then we could mix in some of the old guys and protect the new cards without losing the beautiful new design.
Even as a special box like the ascension ones would be great.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Atomikhammer wrote:
Probably total wishful thinking here.....but I would be AMAZING if there were sleeves with the fantastic new card back. If not in this set, available separately. Then we could mix in some of the old guys and protect the new cards without losing the beautiful new design.
Even as a special box like the ascension ones would be great.


I second that! A shame to have so beautiful card backs and then have to hide them in ugly sleeves
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Tansey
United States
Northwood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David- Where did you find the info on the deluxe set? Looks like it was from a larger list of questions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This was on a Facebook page, you can see the link and transcript (for those without a Facebook account) here:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14696-doom...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Tansey
United States
Northwood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link! There are lots of good discussions over at Card Game DB on Doomtown right now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
evilponybrigade wrote:
Thanks for the link! There are lots of good discussions over at Card Game DB on Doomtown right now.


I'm not familiar with that. Got a link?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the link that dboeren gave above. There is only one thread on doomtown but it is getting alot of traffic. Being a FFG site now I can't really promote Doomtown like I would have previously but I'm rooting for it to be a huge success
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Darksbane wrote:
It is the link that dboeren gave above. There is only one thread on doomtown but it is getting alot of traffic. Being a FFG site now I can't really promote Doomtown like I would have previously but I'm rooting for it to be a huge success


Did FFG buy the site like CMON bought Tabletop Gaming News?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
Darksbane wrote:
It is the link that dboeren gave above. There is only one thread on doomtown but it is getting alot of traffic. Being a FFG site now I can't really promote Doomtown like I would have previously but I'm rooting for it to be a huge success


Did FFG buy the site like CMON bought Tabletop Gaming News?


Yep, they purchased the site last year.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice to see other companies using the LCG model for games. I've always said that there are a lot of good CCGs out there which failed not because they were bad games, but because they were CCGs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.