Longino García
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to some reviewers, this game is going to be one of the best games in its genre. I, myself, am looking to purchase a good sci-fi pick-up-and-deliver game in the future to round up my gaming library, and this one seems to fit the bill even better than Firefly. My gaming group, however, is not fluent in English.

I know It's probably too early to ask, since the Kickstarter has not been delivered yet, but I wonder, Are there plans to localize this game and sell it overseas? Will any european publisher be contacted to translate the game into european languages and distribute it here after the post-kickstarter embargo? Or will Xia be restricted to English speakers importing the game from the U.S.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell there are no rumors about such a localization. However - this game will be VERY modding friendly. It is planned that all templates for the cards, ... will be released to the public. Thus it at least shoud be very easy to make your own Spanish card. (if the game is as good as I hope it is I'll probably want to do this - or take part in doing it - for a German version as well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Longino García
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am aware of the modability of the game, but I am very keen on component quality, and appreciate professionally produced components. I hope the game will be picked by an international publisher and distributed internationally if it is as good as we all think it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Longino!

This is my first go-around on publishing - so currently I'm 100% focused on getting the English version produced and shipped out to backers!

I would love to have Xia in many translations - and I'm planning on looking into how that can be achieved - once the English version has shipped.

I know there are many factors when importing a game - and translations can be very tricky. I will definitely ask for BGG members advice when we get to that point though!

Thanks for your interest!

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any possible it would be great if the was a chance for an upgrade kit from English to whatever language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.