Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funforge just posted this in the comments:

HI everyone,

After a hard work to find alternative solutions for the deliveries in Asia, Australia and NZ, we are pleased to announce that we managed to find a new partner who allows us to lower the shipping prices.

Here are the new shipping prices (for 1 unit - please refer to the price table for the prices for 2 units) for this shipping revision:

AUSTRALIA: 30$ (instead of previous 60$)
NEW ZEALAND: 40$ (instead of previous 60$)
JAPAN: 37$ (instead of previous 60$)
KOREA: 35$ (instead of previous 60$)
MALAYSIA: 35$ (instead of previous 60$)
SINGAPORE: 35$ (instead of previous 60$)

Regarding our Canadian friends, we received the confirmation from our partner that we could use USPS, HOWEVER, we are currently checking the USPS shipping prices comparing to our actual negociated UPS prices to check if we still are able to offer the free shipping. We will update you ASAP with our final call on this but please be all sure that we are doing our very best to please you. Thanks for your patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What great news! Hopefully we'll get those international backers back on board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad they implemented this! This will really help some people who couldn't get the game before to now be able to afford it! Better late than never!

24 hours to go for the kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funforge/tokaido-collec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now $25 flat per game to Canada via USPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlotte M-R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydcomebak wrote:
And now $25 flat per game to Canada via USPS.

Thank goodness - UPS fees are crap. This is way better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey, i'm from canada and want to pledge

do you know if Canadians have to pay taxes on the item if it's shipped via USPS? I'm thinking no, but if anyone can confirm that would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Customs will value this at approximate 130 CDN dollars. While there is no duty (because it's a game) you could be looking at paying basic provincial tax. In Ontario for example, you'd be paying at about 17 CDN tax, putting the grand total at 173.85 CDN. That's a lot of coin, painted figures and all. That being said, it is possible your package could get skipped for taxation, but at such a high value, it's unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks LJ! Good to know about the tax. Does it slide through sometimes? Or does USPS just charge you from their door step!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Items slide through customs many times! I think the official rule is that if it's valued at $20 or less it's automatically gst/hst free. However, I've had $50 US items arrive with no tax payable. So I try to keep that as my ballpark figure when ordering from the states. Once I had a $90 order and I did pay full gst on the item, shipped via usps. So take from my experiences what you will. If you do get the game, good luck and enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Australia thanks to the better shipping. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.