Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Netrunner had a Gencon launch tournament. It's already been stated that the 40K LCG will have one this year.

How about Doomtown: Reloaded? Will there be some sort of launch event, whether it's a tournament or something else?

I'm hoping that if there *is* one, it's on the event calendar from the beginning (Gencon event calendar is released May 18th). Netrunner was added late and this caused a lot of trouble because many people already had a conflicting event they were registered for and had to totally re-do their schedule to try to fit it in which was very difficult and annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Already scheduled for saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/events/618193648256765/

and come join us on FB if you haven't already:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DoomtownCCG/

ninja by the AEG poobah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for the official launch event when gencon opens event registration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this launch event be something that a person who's always been a fan but never actually played the game because it died before he discovered it would be able to play in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people in the launch event will be new, and having it Saturday means you'll have a couple days to learn the rules before you play so I'd say it's no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrChurch13 wrote:
Would this launch event be something that a person who's always been a fan but never actually played the game because it died before he discovered it would be able to play in?

I'm thinking of it as a 'celebration to get the cards out of the box and into the decks and onto the table'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, for various reasons we had to limit the saturday event to 32 in the gencon system, but fear not. We will still take people even if we "sell out" of event tickets. We'll either convince gencon to raise the limit or we'll take generics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is a problem with Gencon and not AEG. I've heard a lot of companies telling the same story that Gencon won't allocate them the amount of tickets and/or tablespace they requires.

That's one of the reasons why the Netrunner tournament has sold out at least four times in two years They are given too small a batch of tickets, sell out, and then have to go back asking for more and saying "I told you we needed more tickets".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Already scheduled for saturday.

Awesome. Will we be able to get product for it? ANR ran out early due to hoarders buying multiples to flip immediately, and people signed up for the tourney suffered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell me the rules set will be released ahead of time. I'm sure they will just checking. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently they said they will be posting the rules in April.

I'm hoping I can play in this but there's a high chance that it may conflict with another tournament I'm in. Waiting to see the full event schedule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bithlord Fake
msg tools
AEGTodd wrote:
Note, for various reasons we had to limit the saturday event to 32 in the gencon system, but fear not. We will still take people even if we "sell out" of event tickets. We'll either convince gencon to raise the limit or we'll take generics.

On that note, assuming I do get a ticket, and don't have to rely on generics, will you reserve enough copies of the game so that someone with a ticket can show it to you and purchase a copy guaranteed? I would hate to pay to enter the tournament, only to find out that you sold out of cards before I could get them.

you could do a holepunch on the ticket to make sure people don't use one ticket to buy multiple of the guaranteed sets with one ticket.

As it stands my wife and I plan on buying one deluxe and one regular so we cna each play the same faction if we want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.