Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you allowed to use Imperial Aces competitively yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
jude007 wrote:
Are you allowed to use Imperial Aces competitively yet?

The tournament rules have not been updated to allow Imperial Aces yet. Wave 3 wasn't allowed for about a month after release; I would be surprised if Imperial Aces was allowed any sooner.

As far as the actual list goes, don't add more ordnance to Rhymer. Three missile is just assuring you'll never fire them all and wind up wasting points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I like Rhymer (mainly for his better use of Adv Proton Torps), if you stack him too high with ordnance, he becomes a major target and doesn't last long enough to get all his shots off, and then you feel like you've wasted points on the missiles that were never fired. So I wouldn't drop the Int down to give him another torp.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it the build or the dice that sucked?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not going to get the Dice App?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Yves Duval
Canada
flag msg tools
Not sure I'd allow someone to use a dice app in a tournament though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverHeimdall wrote:

It's in the tournament rules, not sure you can disallow it...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
SilverHeimdall wrote:

It's in the tournament rules, not sure you can disallow it...

-shnar

It's legal but it shouldn't be.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never actually used it or even seen it. I hate using "virtual" dice and would never use it myself. I just know Redi Spades was considering it, since his physical dice turned on him.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I've never actually used it or even seen it. I hate using "virtual" dice and would never use it myself. I just know Redi Spades was considering it, since his physical dice turned on him.

-shnar

I played against it. Match ended in a draw. I think we played 5 or 6 turns in 75 minutes. Ugh. Never again. Next time I'll buy my opponent a dice pack before I'll play with the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont see any reason why it should be slow? You just pre-program the rolls e.g. 3 attack, 4 attack, 2 defence, 4 defence. Hit that button and you have a result.

You just need to agree that you either accept the first showing or the result only counts after a 'shake'.

I must admit I've only used it for part of a game (I like to feel i can influence the dice by holding them) but it works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowpers wrote:
I dont see any reason why it should be slow? You just pre-program the rolls e.g. 3 attack, 4 attack, 2 defence, 4 defence. Hit that button and you have a result.

You just need to agree that you either accept the first showing or the result only counts after a 'shake'.

I must admit I've only used it for part of a game (I like to feel i can influence the dice by holding them) but it works well.

And then you select the dice you want to reroll with your Han Solo, and then you choose to roll them. And then your Gunner kicks in (new roll), and then Han Solo, ... Next pilot is Dutch, shoot, choose which to reroll with target lock, reroll. Next pilot with his TL from Dutch...

Hmmm, where did those 10 minutes go?!

*edit* Problem is you aren't supposed to just click then number of dice. There is a separate button for actually randomizing the dice (even though there is an animation immediately after you choose a number), so you're supposed to pick a number of dice, then wait for the animation, then click "roll", then wait for the animation. Then when you use your TL, you click which dice are going to be rerolled (which might take 2 or 3 attempts of selecting and unselecting, depending how much your opponent's hands are shaking)...

Trust me, I don't know how, but it can take longer than I took to type this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, you seem like a really genial guy but no I'm not trusting you..lol

I have the thing in front of me now...I'm using Han at range 1 with marksmanship and gunner.

I double tap 4 attack dice, shake...I have a result, I don't like it.
Shake again: hit, blank 2 x eye. Tap the eye bottom left which highlights the two eyes, tap screen, tap modify and change to hits.

Now defence dice, choose 3, choose 'add to' and roll, two eyes one blank, change the eyes to evade with focus. Tap the dice that cancel and I'm left with 1 hit.

25 seconds!!! What did you do for 10 mins get a coffee and bagels? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.