Subject: What abilities can stack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked before. When I include the word "stack" in a search, it turns up posts about the Runner's deck.

My question is which abilities can stack? If I have two rezzed Pad Campaigns, I get a credit at the start of my turn for each card. What about Gila Hands Archology. If I score two of them and click twice do I get three credits or six?

Thanks as always!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Putnam
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gila Hands, like any paid ability, only triggers one instance of the effect each time you pay the cost.

Think of it like a vending machine. If you pay $1 you get one candy bar, not one of each candy bar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
By contrast, PAD campaign is multiple effects all meeting a trigger. You already paid the cost when you rezzed them, now they each pay out every time the trigger is met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
wittela wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before. When I include the word "stack" in a search, it turns up posts about the Runner's deck.

My question is which abilities can stack? If I have two rezzed Pad Campaigns, I get a credit at the start of my turn for each card. What about Gila Hands Archology. If I score two of them and click twice do I get three credits or six?

Thanks as always!

This is the difference between

1. Pay X : Y

and

2. Trigger/If X then Y

In the first case you must pay X each time you want one occurrence of Y. In the second case X is a condition and therefore everytime X is true you get Y for every card having "If X then Y".

So Arcology follows #1 and Pad campaign follows #2. If you pay arcology, you only get 1 occurence of its effect but everytime "when your turn begin" you get 1C from each Pad campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lunatic Calm wrote:
Gila Hands, like any paid ability, only triggers one instance of the effect each time you pay the cost.

Think of it like a vending machine. If you pay $1 you get one candy bar, not one of each candy bar.

Probably one of the best analogies I've read!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.