Subject: Expanded territories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why are there only 3 expanded territories? If you are playing non-solo, then you always use the same 3 expanded territories. Is it possible to use home turf territories of dino's not in the game as expanded territories? I hope that's the case, because constantly using those same 3 territories will make the game feel the same after a while imo.

I haven't backed yet and this is one of the reasons why. I don't need to play with 8 players. I would much rather have more variety for the stuff that is in every game (EE cards, expanded territories, evolve cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. Not sure how often the creator frequents these boards, but he is very active on the Kickstarter forum. I would try there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HerschelHoffmeyer wrote:
Dekryr wrote:
Why are there only 3 expanded territories? If you are playing non-solo, then you always use the same 3 expanded territories. Is it possible to use home turf territories of dino's not in the game as expanded territories? I hope that's the case, because constantly using those same 3 territories will make the game feel the same after a while imo.

I haven't backed yet and this is one of the reasons why. I don't need to play with 8 players. I would much rather have more variety for the stuff that is in every game (EE cards, expanded territories, evolve cards).

You use 2 expanded territories and your home turf (standard) territory. There are 3 expanded territories total. There are a total of 9 standard 'home turf' territories. In harder difficulties you use 3 standard territories instead of 1 standard and 2 expanded. Expanded have a little more prey and help boost your deck before the boss waves. Using standard makes it harder because there is a standard amount of prey. There are 4 difficulties in the game, no matter how many players are playing. Easy, Standard, Hard, and Very Hard. These names will probably be replaced with something that meets more of the theme later but that is just to give you an idea and hope this helps clear things up.

Thanks for the info Herschel. It's good to know that those other territories are possibly useful. As a potential backer I would say that future stretch goals that focus on adding more variety for stuff that is in every game, like EE cards, evolve cards, and expanded territories would be great.

Also, I'm not sure if the video is wrong or if you misunderstood what I was saying, but at about 1:20 of the basic mechanics video you state that a 2 player game will use 3 expanded territories along with 2 home base territories. My understanding is that a multiplayer game will use the same 3 expanded territories in every game on normal difficulty. Above you said that you only use 2 expanded territories. Not sure if I'm missing something here or what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.