Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vivix
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I tried looking up the answers, in other threads and Unofficial FAQ, but only walked away with even more quetions :-P

1. Say a hero is surrounded by 5 melee crawlers. The dice pool for their attack is 5 D10, and 5 FD, correct? Moreover, those fate dice can be assigned to any Darkness creature on the tile (for each successful hit, that is)?

2. If a monster attacks twice (e.g. Muckers), does this mean I roll their dice pool twice, or if the hit is successful, they do the damage two times?

3. When monsters are activated, if a Hero is not in LoS of them (behind a red line, for example), will they still move towards the hero?

4. Not a question, but just to make sure I understand this correctly. A chapter quest on a tile is completed, and the tile is cleared. Heroes get double the MP. When the first hero enters a new tile, a new quest is drawn, set up, and then the tile set up is performed. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You only roll FD on successful attacks

2. Roll the pool twice.

3. Yup.

4. Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
1. Say a hero is surrounded by 5 melee crawlers. The dice pool for their attack is 5 D10, and 5 FD, correct? Moreover, those fate dice can be assigned to any Darkness creature on the tile (for each successful hit, that is)? 5 D10, and the # of FD equal to the # of successful hits

2. If a monster attacks twice (e.g. Muckers), does this mean I roll their dice pool twice, or if the hit is successful, they do the damage two times? Roll twice.

3. When monsters are activated, if a Hero is not in LoS of them (behind a red line, for example), will they still move towards the hero? Yes, according to priority.

4. Not a question, but just to make sure I understand this correctly. A chapter quest on a tile is completed, and the tile is cleared. Heroes get double the MP. When the first hero enters a new tile, a new quest is drawn, set up, and then the tile set up is performed. Right? Correct, except not every tile has a chapter quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
4. I am assuming you can keep going with a chapter quest even after the tile is cleared. Example, if starting on a 6x6 tile and you get the quest "The Just-Okay Hunt" which says "Kill 20 Minions in Present Act". You would not be able to to kill all 20 minions on a 6x6. So, after you have moved to the next tile you can keep this chapter quest and draw another therefore possessing objectives for multiple C quests. While moving onto new tiles you would perform the setup of "The Just-okay Hunt" until 20 minions are killed completing that quest and moving on with objectives of any C quests acquired.
This is basically the long way of saying that a C quest is not confined to 1 tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
MrGurbic wrote:
4. I am assuming you can keep going with a chapter quest even after the tile is cleared. Example, if starting on a 6x6 tile and you get the quest "The Just-Okay Hunt" which says "Kill 20 Minions in Present Act". You would not be able to to kill all 20 minions on a 6x6. So, after you have moved to the next tile you can keep this chapter quest and draw another therefore possessing objectives for multiple C quests. While moving onto new tiles you would perform the setup of "The Just-okay Hunt" until 20 minions are killed completing that quest and moving on with objectives of any C quests acquired.
This is basically the long way of saying that a C quest is not confined to 1 tile.

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.