Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, do I, the player, take any damage for what Friday can't fill?
So, he got mauled by a puma and weapon level was 0. He is killed and I can't fill the "have cure or take two wounds"
what would happen?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dead body gets mauled twice more (it doesn't matter as he's already dead). No real effect on you or the dog.

caric wrote:
So, he got mauled by a puma and weapon level was 0. He is killed and I can't fill the "have cure or take two wounds"
what would happen?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:
The dead body gets mauled twice more (it doesn't matter as he's already dead). No real effect on you or the dog.

caric wrote:
what would happen?

thanks!

cool, thanks Xen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
caric wrote:
what would happen?

thanks!

Hi Doug

Do take note, if Friday hunts with the dog and dies in the process, he does not bring back any food nor fur for the hunt

So it becomes a wasted action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion, there are two rulesets regarding Friday.

The German rules changed the "Friday hunts unsuccessfully" situation. The reasoning was that this does not make sense at all, regarding all other rules. Whenever Friday dies in the process of an action, the action still is successful - except hunting.

For us, this rule seemed to be retroactively included because otherwise there would be an insta-win situation in scenario #5, where Friday would just attack Cannibal City.

Subsequently, in the German ruleset (the most recent revision of the rules, basically) Friday is always successful when hunting!

However, Friday cannot attack Cannibals in the German scenario #5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Jion, there are two rulesets regarding Friday.

The German rules changed the "Friday hunts unsuccessfully" situation. The reasoning was that this does not make sense at all, regarding all other rules. Whenever Friday dies in the process of an action, the action still is successful - except hunting.

For us, this rule seemed to be retroactively included because otherwise there would be an insta-win situation in scenario #5, where Friday would just attack Cannibal City.

Subsequently, in the German ruleset (the most recent revision of the rules, basically) Friday is always successful when hunting!

However, Friday cannot attack Cannibals in the German scenario #5.

Thanks for the info!

Dumon, are these latest German rules available in English somewhere?

May Pegasas's site?

Thanks!
Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:

caric wrote:
what would happen?

thanks!

My first solo game Friday was killed by an alligator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.