Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So instead of going crazy over the implications of the brick, I thought it would be fun to start making guesses at what the 5 ships of the brick will be.

So here's my prediction of the 5 ships:

Federation: USS Venture Galaxy Class
Klingon: IKS Bortas Vor'Cha Class
EDIT: Romulan: IRW Haakona D'Deridex Class
Dominion: Reklar Cardassian Galor Class
Borg: Borg Sphere 3095

All standard molds - no assimilated versions (although that would be cool)

Be as generic or specific as you want. I just felt like being explicit down to ship name. To me it would make sense to re-use models, put in some new cards (this is pretty much stuff we've all been asking for), and it's a way to sell more of the same model without a whole lot of added expense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Vividian raider, based on its appearance as a finished sculpt at GAMA without any announced retail expansion. It's going to either be a brick ship or an OP prize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, Khazara is in the Starter Set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reposted from "Very Disappointed" thread:

There's not enough assimilated ship sculpts in Tactics 3 for the blind buys to be just them, so I think it'll be a combo of them and renamed existing sculpts (like they did for the Aj'Rmr).

I think the assimilated vehicles will have 2 factions that allow them to be either original or Borg (ie, partially vs totally assimilated)...this will allow for some cool combos and allow support of Borg and non-Borg players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Constellation class, Ambassador Class, a Nebula Class and the Saratoga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
DonMegel wrote:
Constellation class, Ambassador Class, a Nebula Class and the Saratoga.

That would certainly give more ammunition to the people complaining about Feds Uber Alles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would have been cool if the OP event was a co-op against a Borg Cube and the random brick vessels were all assimilated ships that the players would have to fight against. Players would get points for how well their fleet takes out the Borg and how well the assimilated ship from the brick they contributed fares against the non-Borg players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm sure we'll just be seeing old mold, new ship. I'd like Enterprise-B at the least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
Scott, Khazara is in the Starter Set.

I knew that name was registering too well in my head when I was typing it. I was thinking it was the Devoras for some reason. Changed it to the IRW Haakona
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferengi Marauder (Hopefully with quark and/or the grand nagus)
Species 8472 (Second ship)
Kazon (Some other ship, not too familiar with them.)
Independent (Not a clue what, but an independent ship other then the tholians or the gorn by that point.)
Mirrior universe (Not sure yet, but hoping goatee kirk and spock)

I think it'll more feel in the gaps for factions we only see a few ships of, and likely need more releases to do much with. (Or maybe that's just what I'm really hoping for now.)

(Really want Quark with an elite talent that let's him "Acquisition" stuff from your opponent's ship like superior intellect, and then sell them back some tribbles on a later turn.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I'm expecting ships that fill out more of each factions strong areas.

Fed: Excelsior class - Enterprise B
Dom: Galor Class - ????
Rom: Valdore Class - ???
Kli: K'vort Class - ???
Bor: Sphere - ????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charles_skrobis wrote:
Ferengi Marauder (Hopefully with quark and/or the grand nagus)
Species 8472 (Second ship)
Kazon (Some other ship, not too familiar with them.)
Independent (Not a clue what, but an independent ship other then the tholians or the gorn by that point.)
Mirrior universe (Not sure yet, but hoping goatee kirk and spock)

I think it'll more feel in the gaps for factions we only see a few ships of, and likely need more releases to do much with. (Or maybe that's just what I'm really hoping for now.)

(Really want Quark with an elite talent that let's him "Acquisition" stuff from your opponent's ship like superior intellect, and then sell them back some tribbles on a later turn.)

Yeah, at first I agreed with the seemingly prevailing view that it'll either be assimilated ships or more of the Big 4(/5?) factions, but really it'd make a lot more sense as a solution to all the single-ship factions that folks have been fretting about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Carr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect it will be some combination of assimilated ships and second ships for some of the 1-ship-only factions. If we got some support for the big-4 I would love to see the Romulan http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IRW_Terix its not exactly the most famous ship in that fleet, but pronouncing the name Terrax is kinda awesome, and I always had a soft spot for the poor mans James Earl Jones captain.

Still I bet we'll see a carrier size Kazon ship which they will hopefully call "Predator Class" http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Predator_class

Maybe another Bioship, but I agree with most that the Bioships are probably designed to swarm, so this might not be necessary.

Hey maybe a deep cut like the Raven for the Feddies.... http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Raven That would be fun, but of course it would also spawn 10 threads about not having enough attack dice.

I don't think we'll see a Borg Sphere, but maybe an early release of the scout ship or again with the deep cuts we could see the strange assimilated ship that the NX class enterprise had to chase down in that Enterprise episode.

Of course considering the Vediian ship we've seen it could be all Delta Quadrant minor races, Hirogen, a whatever that race with a Timeship was. All those. Mostly independents. Sort of themed around a random ally that shows up to help your fleet but not part of the big-4.

OR each ship could be one with a strange tech that makes it play uniquely, like the Pegasus or something like that... but probably not

Thats all I have for speculation...

now doesn't anyone have an OP kit for Tholains they want to spoil. COME ON!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If we see another Galaxy, I'm pulling for the Yamato.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bare in mind the rules we know so far are 90 pt build with 30 points on the ship that you blind buy.

With that in mind I could see all the ships being mid ranged ships that can be used with a captain and possibly an upgrade maybe 2.

I guess it doesn't completely rule out a 30 point ship so the galaxy class is a possibility but the sphere is out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be where you see all the stuff like runabouts, dinky Bajoran fighters, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm going to make some basic assumptions at the outset. First, the ships will all have some connection to storylines or episodes where either the Borg appeared, or that took place in the Delta Quadrant. Second, since it has been implied these will be new named versions of existing ships, the options are limited to ships available through Wave 5, which should be out by the time The Collective Op starts. Third, the ships have to be smaller to mid-sized, points wise, because the ship and upgrades have to fit into a 30 point build with some variation regarding specific options to reach 30 points.

USS Rhode Island (Equinox Class) - It never faced the Borg, but it was in the final episode of Voyager, which was a Borg focused story.

Klingon D7 - On appeared in the Delta Quadrant in the Voyager episode Prophecy in Episode 7. (They could also make it a K'tinga class if they wanted to make it worth 24 points instead of just 16).

USS Saratoga (Miranda Class) - Destroyed at the battle of Wolf 359 fighting the Borg.

That would leave two slots open for the assimilated ships, but those would probably have to be trimmed down to around 22 to 24 points to make them work with the 30 point build concept.

Just my thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you will see D'Deridex, Galaxy, Valdore, or Vorcha class ships. The sealed build is recommended 30 points.

I think you will see...

Galor class.
Constitution class.
Bird of prey class
Brel class
Marauder class

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just going on sculpts that we know are in Heroclix Tactics that haven't already been confirmed in an AW wave(ie, like the Borg ships), I think we could see one or more of the following as either sealed or LE prize ships:

Raven
Assimilated Raven
USS Hathaway/USS Stargazer
Assimilated Enterprise-D
Kazon Ogla-Razik
USS Pegasus/USS Yosemite
Enterprise-A
USS Yeager/USS Montgolfier
USS Prometheus
Shuttles (HC 3 had two shuttle sculpts I believe...but their size is way off... I can't imagine the scale rage we'd see if they put those out in AW)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to have to go with the obvious ships from Star Trek Tactics 3

Assimilated Galaxy Class
USS Raven
Assimilated Raven
Assimilated Bird of Prey
Assimilated D'deridex
USS Hathaway/Stargazer
Kazon Ogla-Razik
Kazon Halik Raider
The Species 8472 Beta ship (the one that focuses the beam from the others)

That's 9 right off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My list from the available tactics sculpts:

1 USS Raven - Raven-type
2 Ogla Razik - Kazon-Ogla Predator class
3 Assimilated Vessel 80279 - Assimilated Klingon Bird-of-Prey
4 Assimilated Vessel 77139 - Assimilated USS Raven
5 Assimilation Target Prime - Partially assimilated USS Enterprise-D

Alternate 1 Bioship Beta - Species 8472 Bioship
Alternate 2 USS Prometheus - Prometheus-class

With Voyager coming out with the Borg at the beginning of the Collective OP, and the picture of the Vidiian Ship that showed up in the display at GAMA, I'm guessing that the Collective OP will have a Borg theme (obviously) but be centered around the Voyager TV series, with prize ships and the brick drawing from that show specifically. With the 7 ships listed above and the Vidiian ship, that would be enough for the 5 ships for the brick and the 3 prize ships as well.
Right now I'm thinking a Kazon Predator Class ship will be included since the Kazon Raider is showing up in Wave 4. This would fit with the Voyager theme and use up the unique sculpts available for that race.
The Raven and assimilated ships would fit with either the Voyager or Borg themes, and I don't see any of them being general release ships, so sneaking them in this way makes sense.
I'm predicting the prize ships for the OP will be the Vidiian interceptor, a Second Bioship from Species 8472, and the (much longed for) Prometheus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:

Assimilated Galaxy Class
USS Raven
Assimilated Raven
Assimilated Bird of Prey
Assimilated D'deridex
USS Hathaway/Stargazer
Kazon Ogla-Razik
Kazon Halik Raider

I missed the Assimilated BoP in my list, but I went back and checked and I don't think there is an Assimilated D'deridex in HC 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Ender02 wrote:

Assimilated Galaxy Class
USS Raven
Assimilated Raven
Assimilated Bird of Prey
Assimilated D'deridex
USS Hathaway/Stargazer
Kazon Ogla-Razik
Kazon Halik Raider

I missed the Assimilated BoP in my list, but I went back and checked and I don't think there is an Assimilated D'deridex in HC 3.

They didn't have an assimilated D'Deridex, they went with clone-Kirks D'Deridex instead as the borg tie in....

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/star-trek-heroclix-tact...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Goodman
United Kingdom
St. Neots
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get these ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knightime32 wrote:
My list from the available tactics sculpts:

1 USS Raven - Raven-type
2 Ogla Razik - Kazon-Ogla Predator class
3 Assimilated Vessel 80279 - Assimilated Klingon Bird-of-Prey
4 Assimilated Vessel 77139 - Assimilated USS Raven
5 Assimilation Target Prime - Partially assimilated USS Enterprise-D

Alternate 1 Bioship Beta - Species 8472 Bioship
Alternate 2 USS Prometheus - Prometheus-class

With Voyager coming out with the Borg at the beginning of the Collective OP, and the picture of the Vidiian Ship that showed up in the display at GAMA, I'm guessing that the Collective OP will have a Borg theme (obviously) but be centered around the Voyager TV series, with prize ships and the brick drawing from that show specifically. With the 7 ships listed above and the Vidiian ship, that would be enough for the 5 ships for the brick and the 3 prize ships as well.
Right now I'm thinking a Kazon Predator Class ship will be included since the Kazon Raider is showing up in Wave 4. This would fit with the Voyager theme and use up the unique sculpts available for that race.
The Raven and assimilated ships would fit with either the Voyager or Borg themes, and I don't see any of them being general release ships, so sneaking them in this way makes sense.
I'm predicting the prize ships for the OP will be the Vidiian interceptor, a Second Bioship from Species 8472, and the (much longed for) Prometheus.

This is the best prediction I've seen so far and makes a lot of sense, but how will these play with what we think will be the "30 pt" limit for the block ships? With D'deridex/Valdore/Neg'vhar as the example of 30 pt ships, only the Ogla Razik seems like it might be pushing that. This would make it seem like they'll be at least a couple upgrades per ship to bring them up to 30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.