Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » General

Subject: Idea for Forest Fire Spin-off rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
During the last Kickstarter campaign, there was talk of a forest fire spinoff game sometime in the future. I loved the idea, having lived in forests most of my life, and had some ideas come up yesterday:
- Buildings are rescued instead of people. They can be Occupied or Unoccupied and some can have volotile chemicals or be major industrial buildings.
- Fire Breaks can be dug for 2 AP and allow the first smoke roll to that spot to be ignored. They ALS protect once against explosions.
- There are four levels instead of two: smoke, brush fire, inferno, and firestorm. Firestorms are automatically extinguished if re-rolled a fifth time. Extinguished firestorms do not reignite.
- The fire hose is replaced with air drop, but air drop is less accurate while covering a larger area (full 3x3). Buildings are safe but firefighters will get booted.
- A building is rescued if it is cleared and the people are either hauled out or picked up via air.
- Containment is a factor in winning the game. There will also be critical buildings that cannot be removed and must survive (or a certain number must survive).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A forest fire is a great idea and I really hope it is brought to market in the future.

Your ideas fit logistically well into the theme.

There is soooo much you can do with Forest Fire scenerios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree completely. Honestly, I think my spouse would like a forest fire variant better too. Perhaps adding ways to save animals would be a bonus. Toss in a nature reserve scenario or something. Certain types of terrain could be more flammable as well. Brush more than evergreens more than rocky areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh yeah so many cool things can be add led to a forest fire scenerio.

"Oh no sarg we just realized there is an active coal mine over that ridge"..? Think about the fans blowing the smoke in the shafts, trying to evacuate hundreds out in time, etc, etc.

Or...

"Oh no sarge there is a large illegal moonshine operation we just discovered over that ridge".....Use your imagination here...lol

Or.....

Well you get the point...

The great thing about these "scouting elements" are they can be added singularly or in combination to really ratchet up the game tension all while not really effecting Or breaking the scenario ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very very clever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.