Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet I'm not the only one who would be interested in seeing win / loss stats for the different scenarios. I imagine this could be done with a poll, but to get meaningful data we would have to collect three pieces of info.

- Scenario #

- Number of players

- Win / Loss

I'm not familiar with the use of polls / quizzes in the forum, so is there anyone out there with the proper forum-fu who could do this?

My group has played the first two scenarios. Our results are:

- Scenario one, 4 players, win
- Scenario two, 3 players, loss

Thoughts on how to proceed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Evans
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually started a spreadsheet based on reading another thread about "success rate". It's not complete but I do have it started for scenario 1. As soon as I can get through all 8 scenarios, at least once, I can post it. Long term plan would be a central place where we could all submit more detailed play notes, but this is a start. I'll do what I can to get through the remaining scenarios this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VanMark wrote:
I bet I'm not the only one who would be interested in seeing win / loss stats for the different scenarios.

correct. Thats why there are already some threads about this. I think its counter-productive if we have another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
VanMark wrote:
I bet I'm not the only one who would be interested in seeing win / loss stats for the different scenarios.

correct. Thats why there are already some threads about this. I think its counter-productive if we have another one.

What I am suggesting is something where you can see at-a-glance what the win/loss stats are for a particular scenario with 'x' numbers of players. I don't think anyone wants to wade through pages and pages of posts to try to find what they are looking for. A quick glance through the forums (this isn't my first day) shows that this doesn't exist.

I'd argue that what's counter-productive is chiming in on a thread without providing any meaningful contribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VanMark wrote:

I'd argue that what's counter-productive is chiming in on a thread without providing any meaningful contribution.

I wanted to contribute the same thing fdevans said... But then he already said it...
If you want to have it "at a glance": do exactly that! Be the one that wades through the pages of posts and but them all together on a spreadsheet or in this thread here.
Otherwise, there will be 4 or 5 replies here again with stats of people and then it will fade again. And 1 month from now, someone else will start a thread exactly like that.
Now, is that productive enough for you?
If not, then here:
scenario #1, 4 players, loss
go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Evans
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a draft version of the sheet done to gather the data for the 8 scenarios. Next step is to incorporate calculations for victory points, etc. I don't want to post it publicly since I haven't actually played all the scenarios yet. I built it just by reading the scenario cards.

If anyone is interested in helping me run it through a scenario send me a private message. I will take 8 volunteers until all 8 scenarios are covered (only 1 scenario per person to share the fun/?burden?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:

I wanted to contribute the same thing fdevans said... But then he already said it...
If you want to have it "at a glance": do exactly that! Be the one that wades through the pages of posts and but them all together on a spreadsheet or in this thread here.
Otherwise, there will be 4 or 5 replies here again with stats of people and then it will fade again. And 1 month from now, someone else will start a thread exactly like that.
Now, is that productive enough for you?
If not, then here:
scenario #1, 4 players, loss
go!

I get what you're saying, but my point was, it would be cool if there was a thread with an ongoing poll that folks could update whenever they complete a scenario. If this could be done, then that would be the "at-a-glance" info that I think a lot of players would dig. I could see such a thread being "Stickied" in the general or sessions forum making it easy to access.

I'm not suggesting that I or anyone else should have to wade through the forums to pick out individual session results - who has time for that? Like I said, I haven't played around enough with the forum toys like polls, etc. to know if this ongoing poll idea would be an easy thing to pull off. Just thought I'd test the water and see if anybody else would see the value in this and maybe get the ball rolling.

Hope that clears my original message up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Evans
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ball has been rolled... I have an Excel sheet I'm willing to share that can help keep track of your stats. I'll post it to the files section and see if it gets approved.

Long term plan is to figure out a way to allow everyone to submit to the same place via a webform, but this will allow the data gathering to start now. Look for the file post in next day or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Evans
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stats file was accepted... Please post comments for the file on the actual file page so I can address any questions or issues in one spot.

Fiddly Stats Tracker - Robinson Crusoe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.