Subject: Another question about movement effects. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Let's say that a Soldier (Threat 2)starts the HC one square away from BadGuy1 and there is a Lair about 6 spaces away. The current AP is at 4.

Soldier decides his plan of action is to take down BG1, so he performs a Cautious Movement and plays "The Hidden Blade" as a reaction. He is successful and drops BG1 and advances the AP to 5.

Now, silly Archer (Threat 2) is sitting 4 spaces away from the lair and pops it with one of his actions. AP is now 6, the Darkness reacts and new little BGs spawn and go after that nasty Archer.

After the Darkness Phase, we're back to the Heroes' current HC. Since "The Hidden Blade" cannot be performed when a Normal or Aggressive move is performed (or will be),is the Soldier now forbidden the use of his Hustle or Sprint cards (assuming they are in his current hand) for the rest of the current HC?

I understand that it was stated that you plan out your actions and apply the movement effect you intend to do to the cards you are using, but what if your plan needs changing? Does this scenario make much sense as I've tried to portray it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojobacca wrote:
Since "The Hidden Blade" cannot be performed when a Normal or Aggressive move is performed (or will be),is the Soldier now forbidden the use of his Hustle or Sprint cards (assuming they are in his current hand) for the rest of the current HC?

I understand that it was stated that you plan out your actions and apply the movement effect you intend to do to the cards you are using, but what if your plan needs changing? Does this scenario make much sense as I've tried to portray it?

That is correct. Its a risk reward scenario. In the example you explained, the team wasn't working cooperatively (at least the archer wasn't) and it change the field of battle. He is now stuck where he is until the next HC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallace MacBix
msg tools
Yep and the same thing applies to all (I think all at least) interpret cards, if a DC gets triggered early in a HC, you're stuck there till the end of the HC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Ok, I had thought I had the rules stuff down, but I figured I'd ask about a bizarre scenario in order to cement it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Mojobacca wrote:
Since "The Hidden Blade" cannot be performed when a Normal or Aggressive move is performed (or will be),is the Soldier now forbidden the use of his Hustle or Sprint cards (assuming they are in his current hand) for the rest of the current HC?

That is correct. Its a risk reward scenario. In the example you explained, the team wasn't working cooperatively (at least the archer wasn't) and it change the field of battle. He is now stuck where he is until the next HC.

Wait what? Hero's cannot move after a Darkness Cycle? Where can I find this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
It's not that they can't move after a DC, it's that in my scenario, the Soldier would be pinned because he chose a Cautious Move and locked himself into it by playing "The Hidden Blade" card (which can't be performed with a Normal or Aggressive Move).

At least that's my understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh good. I just missed something reading the description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.