Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Just a quick comment on mantic games aa a company.
Since people are quick to complain I wanted to let you guys all know that this company has gone above and beyond to be one of the most understanding and helpfull companies I have ever dealt with.
I had an issue with my teams in the box set but no receipt or any such purchase proof as a friend had purchased for me abroad.
I was just enquiring if I could purchasing said missing parts and was very pleasantly surprised to get a mail saying they would send me the missing parts.
Further more as it took a while(actually only a few weeks ) they also included a an MVP. Wow.
Really helpfull and beyond expectations mantic are outstanding.
Fr me they set a standard by which I will judge other game makers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I get from this is you have read some of the multitude of crappy experiences others (including me) have had with Mantic product quality and customer service.

I do hope your experience becomes the norm for Mantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brewer
Australia
DUNLOP
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had issues with some of the stuff they have sent, and they've come through in the end.

I backed the original DreadBall Kickstarter, and am pleased to say that my issues have all been resolved, and then some.

Mantic are not a massive company, like GW, and have limited resources and manpower. I believe they fully intend to make good on any shortcomings they have, but it will take them time to do so.

They might be taking on more than they can handle with all of their Kickstarters, but I am confident that they will finalise everything sooner or later.

I think their customers (including yours truly) are part of the problem, as we expect them to drop everything and fix our issue straight away. They will do so, in good time.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always had really good luck with them, they will get it all sorted as quickly as possible
there are a ton of stuff to use while I wait

I agree, Great Company!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
I've always had really good luck with them, they will get it all sorted as quickly as possible
there are a ton of stuff to use while I wait

I agree, Great Company!

The only issues I have had is with their Kickstarters and some of the choices they made in them. As far as doing what they can too fix the problems, they do what they can to make sure the errors are corrected. The only time they have failed on this end is the interminable delays in getting missing bits (because of their, not the factory's packing mistakes). In the end, I expect to get what I am supposed to get. Still, the one thing I will caution anyone about with Mantic is to be wary about backing their Kickstarters until they show they can handle the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Mantic they make good rules that are fun and they do work hard to make up for any mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wygant
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Having backed two of their Kickstarters I would say that they learn from each releases mistakes and get better each time.

I have yet to get a mispack or missing parts so I cannot comment on that end, but my kickstarters arrived on time.

The resin figs quality improves with every release. Less noticeable mold lines, easier to clean due to harder resin, and mold lines often run across inconspicuous areas.

They are the best bang for your buck on getting a fun, playable game with tons of options.

Just my .02

That Lee Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowdom999 wrote:
Having backed two of their Kickstarters I would say that they learn from each releases mistakes and get better each time.

I disagree. The DreadBall campaign had a few issues. The Deadzone had major, major issues such as one person pledging for three copies at over $1000 and they got one game. The last I heard they had not received their replacement parts and they were in the same position as the rest of us missing parts where they had to wait for months for them to get restocks of the parts, even though Mantic has managed to send two different shipments to the retail outlets. They made promises about the product in the Kickstarter (such as color-coded plastic factions) which they didn't follow through on and I haven't seen a communication as to why they failed.

It sounds like they have plans in place so DBX will be better handled but I will believe it when it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.