Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Terran Directorate was my third painted fleet. Where I got a little more used to the process.

According to the Eclipse rulebook, the Directorate is well off; they rule with a strong hand, and their leaders are (according to rumor) genetically-programmed. The Directorate seems to me the most oppressive of the terran factions. Like they live in a dystopian society that for all the shine and polish they present to the galaxy at large, they're actually pretty bad underneath. In fact, Ship Pack One gives us the Terran Separatists faction--a faction of refugees from the Terran Directorate. In order to show this side of the Directorate, I decided to keep their engines shiny, without any show of wear. Like the Terran Conglomerate, I wanted them to appear sleek and refined--even if they're corrupt beneath the surface. Still considering adding some sort of wing detail, like the symbol on the broach that the Terran Directorate Representative wears in the book.

Terran Directorate Interceptors

Terran Directorate Cruisers

Terran Directorate Dreadnoughts

Terran Directorate Fleet

Thank you as always to Maruk, Gary James, and others who have posted photos and advice, for all your help.

Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Eclipse and Ship Pack One (Complete)
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Union
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Directorate
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Conglomerate
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Alliance
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Rho Indi Syndicate/Terran Separatists
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Orion Hegemony
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Mechanema
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Planta
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Federation and Hydran Progress
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: Terran Republic and Descendants of Draco
Drammattex's Painted Fleets: The Eridani Empire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
COAT Christophe
France
Plouvorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these ships

I have to paint these too. 9/15 painted fleet is not enough ! I really need some more free time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, man!

I'm running out of time to paint, and still have hydran, draco, eridani, planta, and terran republic to go. Plus the other 2 from Rise of the Ancients, if I decide to do them. Started on planta but haven't gotten far yet. Your planta are brilliant--not sure what I'm doing with mine yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary James
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very smooth, nicely done! I'm working through the Terran fleets now - I'm just using a consistent dry brush approach so nothing special and I haven't therefore posted them here. They look far far better than the unpainted models though, even with a simple dry brush treatment.

I had forgotten about the two in RotA...sigh.

Looking forward to seeing your Ship Pack one fleets.

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Gary! I'm very much looking forward to seeing yours.
I feel the same way about the ships from the base game--just a basic paint job will do the trick. Sometimes I finish a fleet and feel kind of uninspired by it--but then look at it in comparison to the raw unpainted plastic, and the painted ships look way cooler.

Gonna try to matt spray and photograph Orion & Mechanema today. Then it will probably be a while before I finish any more. Planta intimidates me. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.