Subject: Anyone care to speculate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, assuming the general build of this box is similar to the Legendary Heroes Core set, which characters do you think will be in this?

I'd say the "Head Honchos" (ech...) are most likely Cap, Iron Man (as per the box art), plus maybe Reed Richards and Professor X?

The Hero Teams I am guessing would be an Avengers team for Cap, maybe the Illuminati for Iron Man, maybe two X-Men teams, the FF and possibly a street level team containing Spidey, Daredevil, etc.

Villains are a bit more difficult, they don't fall into neat teams as much as the heroes do. I mean, sure you've got the Brotherhood, Sinister Six and the Masters of Evil, but where do you put Dr. Doom? Or Loki?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jones
msg tools
mb
I don't know I'm just excited about this i'm a Hugh fan of legendary and wel come any thing that they are willing to through at me. I'm thinking the villains are going to be more based on the hero's they are against like venom has been in the sinister six but it's easier to make a general group like spider villain then you can add any foe of Spider-Man and same for the fantastic four then only one I can't think of would be loki I think he would most likely remain blank like deadpool or silver surfer. But I don't know but I can wait to see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IronSyndicate wrote:
Villains are a bit more difficult, they don't fall into neat teams as much as the heroes do. I mean, sure you've got the Brotherhood, Sinister Six and the Masters of Evil, but where do you put Dr. Doom? Or Loki?

These are important points. Most of the best villains aren't really affiliated. Maybe teams won't matter so much in the villains set? Otherwise they might be straining to fill out Spider-Foes and Brotherhood with second-stringers while guys like Bullseye get unfairly omitted.

As for "Head Honchos," the blurb says there will be Avengers, Spider-Friends and X-men hero groups, so I expected Cap, Spidey and I was hoping for Cyke and Wolverine separate, but maybe just Xavier is more likely. I'd save Iron Man maybe for an Armor Wars small expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
Seeing as how Iron Man is on the box art I would say that it's likely he will be one of the main hero's. Plus if he wasn't I would be dissapointed because I wouldn't be able to go against him in a civil war battle.

For the Villains I don't think that affiliation will be all that important, there probably won't be a lot of cards that trigger off of a team affiliation as villains don't often work together.

Some guesses:

Head Honcho's (shake)

Thor
Nick Fury
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Captain America
Reed Richards
Professor X
(Although I suspect due to all of the Wolverine love that he will probably make this list)

Hero Teams:

Fantastic Four
Spider Friends/Marvel Knights
2x Avengers
2x X-men (one with Cyclops and one with Wolverine)
Sheild (Spider Woman, Maria Hill, Dum Dum Dugan, Daisy Johnson
Asgardians (Heimdal, Sif, Balder the Brave, etc)

Villains:

Magneto
Venom
Loki
Dr.Doom
Red Skull
Thanos
Green Goblin
Ultron
Enchantress
Kingpin
Bullseye
Apocalypse
Carnage
Mole Man
Leader

There`s lot`s to choose from and I look forward to seeing how this game is going to look. I love speculating and can`t wait to see who everyone else thinks will make the cut. June can`t come soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Finnegan
msg tools
mb
I imagine Mephisto probably makes the set, and we might get a "tank" like Abomination, though to be honest I really like your villain guesses as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
The "tank character" I think is more likely to be Red Hulk than Abomination.

No way that Winter Soldier doesn't make the cut now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
Yeah but aren't both the Winter Soldier and Red Hulk currently heroes?

Maybe Juggernaut as the Tank character. Both he and Abomination are in the original Legendary game as villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I figured Juggernaut was an obvious lock for this set since day one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
well as long as we're speculating...

Heroic Leaders is always a good place to start. (I would also be happy if they were called Commanders)

With Professor X confirmed, of course he's going to lead X men of some kind. Personally I'm convinced with the roster, there are going to be 2 X-men "villain groups" One with the more loyal regulars like Cyclops and Storm, and a second with the rouges like Wolverine and Gambit. (or maybe all Weapon X characters, who knows?)

Odin's in the bag with the Warriors 3, and Thor (though it throws an Avengers group out of whack) Edit: Forgot about Heimdal. Problem solved

Avengers I am convinced is going to have the big four in it's line up. Thor, Cap, Hulk, and Iron Man. Heck throw in Wolvie and Spider-Man and you have a Sinister Six-esque layout.

For those we don't know, I'd bet one of my fingers that Fury is another Heroic Leader, likely leading Shield. My instincts tell me he might be another "intro" opponent similar to Red Skull, but I could be wrong. Likely leads Maria Hill, Widow, Hawkeye, and maybe War Machine or the like.

Fourth is likely a Fantastic Four group, maybe with Mr. Fantastic leading, and She Hulk filling out the roster or something. (or that god awful robot.) Heck even the Fantasticar could have interesting implications.

That leaves Spider-Man, who considering the number of rouges he has is definitely an opponent in some form, though I don't know how he fits.

Speaking of Spidey Foes, there's a goldmine to get out of them, but I think they're going to stick between three and six.

If we're going by the original Box, then we have 6 of one team, six of a second, two individual teams, and one unaffiliated.

Now, based on that, I think it's safe to assume that X-Men and Spider-Man rouges are probably going to be those main groups. Red Skull could easily switch places with Fury, working with starter cards (though how and why anyone would work with him is still up in the air.)

Loki and Ultron seem like the outliers to me, so that just leaves the rosters for the two teams. (though it does leave Doom out, so likely the numbers will be shifted slightly. Still feeling at least two teams of five though)

With Magneto and Sabertooth confirmed, and both fan requests and grt mechanic possibilities, I would think Mystique and Juggernaut would fit in, but that's too easy to simply take the Brotherhood villain group roster.

Green Goblin (another case of why would anyone work with him?) threw me, but venom was no surprise. I think at bare minimum Dock Ock will make the cut too, though plenty of other Spider Foes have great mechanic potential such as Mysterio.

As for other wild cards, who knows. It would badass to control Galactus, or cower in fear of Squirrel Girl (still waiting for the promos. Come to think of it, she should be the impossible to defeat be Heroic Leader.)

But I've taken up too much space speculating as it is. Any thoughts?

Edit For Laughs: Spider-Man Heroic Leader Always Leads: Ex Girlfriends, consisting of Gwen, Mj, Betty Brant, Liz Allan, and/or Carley Cooper.

And if Mephisto makes the playable cut, his Rare has to be about ending Spider-Man's marriage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Reeser
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jynx KB wrote:

Heroic Leaders is always a good place to start. (I would also be happy if they were called Commanders)

Those both sound better than "Head Honchos"; I'm leaning toward the phrase "Team Leaders", myself. Then again, Odin (one of the confirmed Mastermind equivalents) is more the ruler of a kingdom rather than the leader of a team. Maybe just call them "Leaders"? Of course, then we have to avoid confusion with the Hulk villain; maybe call them "Leaders, But Not the Kind With Green Skin and Weird Foreheads"?

On second thought, let's just stick with "Head Honchos" for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LBNKWGS&WF Sounds perfectly fine to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
Quote:
I would also be happy if they were called Commanders

Called it! Or maybe they took the idea from my post. Does that mean I get a credit? or better yet, cash? lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guess the rest! Only 6 spots left to fill; here are the Villains we know, as curated by Mr. Rosenbaum:

1. Magneto
2. Venom (Sinister Six)
3. Loki
4. Green Goblin
5. Ultron
6. Sabertooth
7. Enchantress
8. Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)
9. Electro

From the box, we know that this set promotes the Sinister Six and Brotherhood teams. Surely we'd actually GET 6 Spidey villains then, right? My guesses for the remainder:

10. Mysterio
11. Kraven

I figure you need at least 4 Brotherhood members for a viable team, so to Magneto and Sabretooth I'll take the easy route and add:

12. Mystique
13. Juggernaut

Someone to do for Hydra what Fury does for SHIELD?

14. Red Skull

And you absolutely have to have:

15. Doctor Doom

Right?

So that WOULD be my list if not for the fact that Mr. Brenner has said there will be at least one villain we haven't seen in the game at all yet. That stumps me completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Guess the rest! Only 6 spots left to fill; here are the Villains we know, as curated by Mr. Rosenbaum:

1. Magneto
2. Venom (Sinister Six)
3. Loki
4. Green Goblin
5. Ultron
6. Sabertooth
7. Enchantress
8. Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)
9. Electro

From the box, we know that this set promotes the Sinister Six and Brotherhood teams. Surely we'd actually GET 6 Spidey villains then, right? My guesses for the remainder:

10. Mysterio
11. Kraven

I figure you need at least 4 Brotherhood members for a viable team, so to Magneto and Sabretooth I'll take the easy route and add:

12. Mystique
13. Juggernaut

Someone to do for Hydra what Fury does for SHIELD?

14. Red Skull

And you absolutely have to have:

15. Doctor Doom

Right?

So that WOULD be my list if not for the fact that Mr. Brenner has said there will be at least one villain we haven't seen in the game at all yet. That stumps me completely.

So..... probably no Bullseye. Damnit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm just guessing! But they say that Hero and Villain sets will alternate going forward, so you can't blow the entire wad out the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since both Loki and Enchantress are in the set, I'm thinking they'll have a Sinister Six group, a Brotherhood group and maybe an Asgard group, so I'm guessing the remaining 6 will be split evenly among those 3 groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asgard group seems weird to me, but I'm also really bad at guessing what they'll come up with. Who would you add? Ulik? Malekith? Not sure how I'd feel about a Destroyer Ally set.

EDIT: With both Ultron and Enchantress, isn't a Masters of Evil team just as likely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Asgard group seems weird to me, but I'm also really bad at guessing what they'll come up with. Who would you add? Ulik? Malekith? Not sure how I'd feel about a Destroyer Ally set.

EDIT: With both Ultron and Enchantress, isn't a Masters of Evil team just as likely?

And that enchantress picture looks like her taking damage. That might not even be an image of her card sets but maybe something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bwick503 wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:

And that enchantress picture looks like her taking damage. That might not even be an image of her card sets but maybe something else.

I wondered about that at first, too, but the images of all the other types of cards are visible on the mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:

I read it more as "anguish over Thor choosing Sif, now prepare to meet my wrath!" than damage...

With Odin as a Commander, it just makes sense to have an Asgard group. Malakith is a good guess. Maybe Executioner? Or Surtur?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ah, I forgot about Skurge. I guess there's Kurse, too, now that I think about it.

Still ... I hope you're wrong! Can get a lot more mileage (and more weird C-listers) out of Masters of Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.