Subject: I can't find my Lambda-Class Shuttle rules :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Pinard
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
I took it to pulmonary rehab, and it must have fallen out of my other paperwork. Finally have a day to play this with my wife, and I have no idea how to use the 2nd coolest ship in the whole game. Can anyone post a synopsis or is there a PDF of the rules for it somewhere?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the rules scanned. GeekMail me an email address and I'll forward them to you. You can probably ask for a copy from FFG as well, they are sometimes accomodating like that.

In general though, ther Lambda doesn't add any special rules not printed on the cards, and what little they do add (like starting placement), it's the same as the other big ships. There is a mission in the rulebook though that you're missing out on...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have any Large ships, the quick version is this:

The Large ships (and the HWK) all come with two new types of Upgrade cards: Modifications and Titles. Neither of these take normal Upgrade slots. Any ship may take a Modification and a Title, though no more than one of each. So far, all the Titles are for specific ship types, though most Modifications can be used on any ship (Anti-Pursuit Laser is the only one with a restriction so far).

It takes two ion tokens to ionize a large ship. If you just get one on there, it has no effect. Ion tokens don't get removed until there are at least two of them, so a single will just stay there turn after turn until you hit it again. Once it has two, follow the normal ion rules (remove all ion tokens and perform a white 1 straight maneuver).

Large ships have two choices during set-up. Either, they can be entirely within Range 1 of your edge (just like small ships), or they can be placed at any angle as long as they are touching your edge (because if you want them at 45 degrees, the corner crosses the Range 1 line).

For the shuttle particularly, the only other special rule seems to be the 0 red stationary maneuver. You don't move or turn at all (but it is a red maneuver, so you still take a stress). The bearing is "stationary" so things that trigger off of a straight maneuver (or other bearing) don't work.

I think that's it, aside from the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also submit a ticket to FFG they'd probably send you a new copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Pinard
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
I found it!!! It ended up being in my nightstand under my Descent manuals. Thanks all for your offer of help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a little weird that I'm disappointed you found them and I couldn't send you a spare copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Pinard
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hexis wrote:
Is it a little weird that I'm disappointed you found them and I couldn't send you a spare copy?

I think that's awesome of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.