Subject: priority of boss effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there some kind of priority to boss fate effects? Top to bottom? Sorry to ask another rules question but I couldn't find it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallace MacBix
msg tools
bigGameGeek wrote:
Is there some kind of priority to boss fate effects? Top to bottom? Sorry to ask another rules question but I couldn't find it

For the recipes start at the bottom and work your way up. Just remove any dice used in a previous recipe before checking the one above it. That's the official response, if I can find the link I'll edit.

Edit: From the unofficial FaQ

Quote:
G.10 - If when rolling Fate Dice you have the correct symbols to potentially complete different recipes, how do you decide which to complete?
When checking Fate Dice results against recipes on a monster's card, you should start at the bottom of the card and work up. i.e. start at the bottom most recipe and work upwards, removing dice from the pool for any recipes you have completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
That is correct, bottom to top, with the dice "spent" to use the ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that is oddly inconsistent with the rest of the rules but thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Well that is oddly inconsistent with the rest of the rules but thanks!

Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely should go read the Unofficial FAQ before posting new threads.

As a note, someone actually told me when I asked this question that it was common sense to go from bottom to top. Go figure that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is NOT obvious for sure but when you think of it (watch the terror card) the complexity of the recipe goes from less dice to more dice. It is even clearer with the other bosses (you will see it in wave 2) where you have recipe 1 dice at first then 4 dice at the end. If you don't go from bottom to top you will never be able to make the more complicated and powerfull ones.

This is how i figured it when translating then check with Brian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best solution is just to print the recipes in order from most complex to least complex. It would be nice if they'd fix all these design errors and wording problems on the cards and offer a reprint of them for the next expansion, like SDE: Forgotten Kings is doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.