Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi the rules say that only cards with an energy rating (lightning bolt symbol) stay in play, others are used then discarded; but how does this work with operation deathstrike?

Does it:

A) neutralise an Alien card for that one turn then go away

B) remain in play, neutralising a card until it may at some point be removed by another card effect

If B) what other cards are like this (non lightning bolt cards which are not immediately used and discarded)

I played my first couple of games and it seems the humanity is very, very strong, they can sit back an wait and seem to have multiple counters to everything. Very expensive alien cards die like flies to these counters. I had fun and I'm sure a lot of it was just luck of the draw and not knowing what was coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Hi the rules say that only cards with an energy rating (lightning bolt symbol) stay in play, others are used then discarded; but how does this work with operation deathstrike?

Does it:

A) neutralise an Alien card for that one turn then go away

B) remain in play, neutralising a card until it may at some point be removed by another card effect

If B) what other cards are like this (non lightning bolt cards which are not immediately used and discarded)

I played my first couple of games and it seems the humanity is very, very strong, they can sit back an wait and seem to have multiple counters to everything. Very expensive alien cards die like flies to these counters. I had fun and I'm sure a lot of it was just luck of the draw and not knowing what was coming.

B. The card remains in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:

With your question answered by Mark himself I can only comment to your first impression and I must say that was my first impression as well.

After some more plays I think mankind does have a slight advantage over the Aliens, but it doesn't really bother me. The Aliens have won several times, but when playing the Aliens I know my troops will be destroyed quickly most of the times. I just send in more troops :-)

Playing the Aliens just takes some getting used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly, it's a good strategy for the Invader player to play small-to-medium threats early, drawing out Mankind's sharp sticks. If you empty your hand on a big guy in the first few turns, the Invaders will likely suffer for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.