Things in the Ground(with errata): Exhaust and Sacrifice Things in the Ground to discard the top two cards of each play's deck. Any characters that would be discarded by this effect are instead put into play insane.
1. What happens to characters that normally cannot go insane such as one with willpower or tentacles?
2. On which side do they come into play - does the player get the cards, or do they come into play into the owning player's side?
Opening the Limbo Gate: Play during your operations phase. Action: Choose and put into play one character from each player's discard pile.
Again, do those cards come into play on the side of the player who played the card, or onto the owning players side?
1) From the FAQ --
"When I play Things in the Ground’s triggered ability to bring characters into play insane, does willpower or terror icons protect them from being insane?
No. These characters enter play in an insane state before Willpower or Terror Icons can prevent them from going insane."
2) For both Things in the Ground and Opening the Limbo Gate, the characters are put into play on their respective (i.e. deck / discard pile owners') sides.
If the wording had have additionally stated to put into play 'under your control', then it would have been a different story.
But at least, as far as Opening the Limbo Gate goes, you (the person triggering it) gets to choose for both players which character is coming back for each of you.
Also FYI regarding Opening the Limbo Gate, you can only play this if both you and your opponent have a character in your respective discard piles. From the FAQ --
"A player cannot trigger a card effect that requires him to choose a character, support card, or story card if there is no card of that type that he is able to choose.
For example, a player could not play Opening the Limbo Gate (Core Set F116) unless every player’s discard pile contained at least one character card."
- Last edited Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:24 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 pm