Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the example on page 11 have an error? It appears to me that if the German player rolls an 8 that is modified (-1) for the leader and (-1) for the grenades, then the result is a six. The Kill number for a 1-1 assault is 6 modified (-1) for the American leader. Therefore the Germans needed a 5 or less to eliminate the Americans. Am I doing something wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Brzosko
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No You are not wrong. It is a mistake in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brzosko wrote:

Thanks! I had not seen a post about it, so I thought maybe I was looking at it wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Brzosko
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
brzosko wrote:

Thanks! I had not seen a post about it, so I thought maybe I was looking at it wrong

OK, just one correction or explanation. The point is that in "old" rules kill number for 1:1 odds was 7. And this is the answer for this example. In the table the kill number was changed for the "new-6" one but statistics for units gave the same odds 1:1, and having the same modifications for Leaders and Grenades the conclusion for the assault is wrong.
sz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks! That explains the why the example did not make sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there may be another error on Page 13 of the rules under Close Assault Procedure.

It says "...and odds lower than one to four (1-4) are resolved at 1-4." Shouldn't that be one to one, 1-1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8bit wrote:
I think there may be another error on Page 13 of the rules under Close Assault Procedure.

It says "...and odds lower than one to four (1-4) are resolved at 1-4." Shouldn't that be one to one, 1-1?

No, the Close Assault Combat Table goes down to 1-4. If you have lower odds that 1-4, when attacking, you still use the 1-4 result.

Do you have the latest rules? The sentence you quoted is on page 11-12 in my rules book. I believe the latest rules are here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92888/vv-standard-game-ru...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
8bit wrote:

No, the Close Assault Combat Table goes down to 1-4. If you have lower odds that 1-4, when attacking, you still use the 1-4 result.

Do you have the latest rules? The sentence you quoted is on page 11-12 in my rules book. I believe the latest rules are here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92888/vv-standard-game-ru...

Many thanks Dan, I'll check them out thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.