Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time tonight. Long game!
We got most of the rules right, though we did forget you can't sell except at Marseille or at an owned Domus.

Anyway, we were not sure which transports have the lowest/highest priority.
We presumed that 8 moves before 10 which moves before 19 etc.
But when certain events happen, the "lowest priority" transport gets removed. So in the example above, is this the 19 - which we presumed moves last - or is it the 8 which moves first, but is a lower # than 19?

This is very important for several reasons:
1) A player may have resources on the transport and lose everything
2) Many of the higher numbered have better stats for movement and defence

This is also important for event cards:
Does event 23 get resolved before 25?
Or since 25 is a higher number than 23, it goes first?

Hopefully someone can clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Cheung
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
what are you in the mood for today?
mbmbmbmbmb
we also had a question regarding the use of coins and "change".

the rules state that you can exchange, for example, five "1" coins into a "5" coin to save space in your Domus or Knight transportation.

It also states that you cannot do the reverse, ie. exchange a "5" coin into five "1" coins.

however, you can receive "change" ie. if you were to use a "5" coin to purchase a value of "1" good, you would receive four "1" coins back.

The problem is that the rules do not state if you can choose to receive more "change" by using a higher value coin (the "10" coin)even though you currently possess any combination of "1" and "5" coins. ie. do you pay the exact amount - if you can - or can you voluntarily use a higher value coin on purpose to get more change?

this came about as a player decided to load up a transport (unlimited storage) with as many "1" coins as possible in order to better hide a relic from potential loss when brigands attacked the caravan.

is this a valid interpretation of the rules? a bit of gaminess? or both? :-)

Les

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newyn
Italy
Correzzana
Italia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear John,
Sorry for my late reply.

Here the replies:

1 - Yes 8 moves, before 10 and before 19.
2 - And in the same way when an event happen the transport with the lowest number is removed - that means in the same order how move, first 8, 10 and at least 19.
3 - Yes, the event 23 is resolved before event 25, in this way The Fall of Jerusalem will happen before Persecution.

Let me know if is not clear.

Thanks

Silvio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newyn
Italy
Correzzana
Italia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can use a higher change if you want, that means that this is the only way to cut higher value money.

Silvio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Silvio. Thanks for the prompt and clear replies. Sorry for hounding you, but we really enjoyed the game and want to play it again soon. We met at GenCon 2013, and you signed my copy. Pity that it took me so long to get it to the gaming table, but I'm lucky to play something once per month these days. Hope to see you at GenCon 2014, but if not, thanks for making a compelling game that does capture the feel of reliving the history of the Templars!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.