Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokaido has already reached the final stretch goal – higher quality painted minis are now a fact! We went up 50k in one night! For anyone who hasn't come on yet, you have 8 hours left to pledge - Don't miss this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very tempted! It does look beautiful. Not sure I can justify 115 Dollars on a game I haven't played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
squiz wrote:
I am very tempted! It does look beautiful. Not sure I can justify 115 Dollars on a game I haven't played.

You can try it on boardgamearena: https://en.boardgamearena.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bezio
United States
Lyndon Station
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are getting a lot of cool stuff...but I admit, I was hoping for one last minute stretch goal in the middle of the night, especially at the rate it was growing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squiz wrote:

I have never backed anything on KS so far but as i stumbled upon the KS page of Tokaido CE last night i was immediately hooked. I looked at the stretch goals and every single one was more stunning... this morning i told my wife that i had found a game that looked absolutely gorgeous that was from the same designer that had designed 7 Wonders and Takenoko but i was not sure about the gameplay since i had never played it. She looked at the KS page and since she loves both 7 Wonders and Takenoko (that cute Panda ! whistle ) she encouraged me to pull the trigger. I think she will love it too...

When i went to bed last night the funding sum was around 520K and i decided that when it would hit 550K the next morning i would pull the trigger on it. Free shipping to germany was the dagger for my wallet anyway...

Long story short: Samurai level ftw ! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decided to buy it with 35 minutes left! Not kickstarted a project before so thought i would lump in! Dont think the timer ticking down helped, really added the pressure.

Decided to go for it in the end as buying the base game and expansion off amazon would be getting on for 60 quid anyway. This way i get all those minis, a new expansion and free delivery for only 15 quid more. That's how i justified it anyway!Looking forward to November when it arrives. Really hope i enjoy the game, I love 7 Wonders and spent a month travelling round Japan so its a sure thing right?! If not im sure the painted mini's will be worth something anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you end up not liking it i am sure there will be someone that will be glad to give you his money and buy it from you. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bezio
United States
Lyndon Station
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brettner wrote:
If you end up not liking it i am sure there will be someone that will be glad to give you his money and buy it from you. meeple

Yeah, I don't like people who buy just to resell...but I'm guessing if you have all the exclusive content, you will be able to get back double or triple your cost in a year or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori MacKenzie
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check out Watch it Played on YouTube you can see a video of the original Tokaido game being explained and played out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brettner wrote:

Yeesh, I'll trade for it. Just make sure you get the prepaints! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.