Subject: Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Barker

Redondo Beach (90277)
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think this game is so modular, it's pretty ripe for expansions. There's no board to fool with, yet you get all of the goodness of a full-blown, very unique worker placement game.

Are there plans to expand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine a whole new deck of Targi cards for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely a game where an expansion of more of the same would just be more goodness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I have already a finished expansion ready for Targi, but it is not quite sure if it will be released or not. But the publisher is considering it at the moment.

I would be very happy if it would be released because it would add new tension to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
STOCKBROT wrote:
Actually I have already a finished expansion ready for Targi, but it is not quite sure if it will be released or not. But the publisher is considering it at the moment.

I would be very happy if it would be released because it would add new tension to the game.

Sounds awesome! I would definitely purchase it! Targi is a game my wife loves to play with me. Thank you for the clever design!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STOCKBROT wrote:

That's great news, although I, for one, consider the game extremely replayable as it is.

Thanks for the game, Andy

Geki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I would change in the game would be the Silversmith space. It's used rarely, in the final rounds, if at all. I would either change it to something else or add an option to buy coins for VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Another thing that should be adjusted concerning the second assault:

The 2 goods / 1 point cost is a no-brainer when analized in depth, one will always choose to pay the 1 point.

Looking at the tribal cards, and the goldsmith exchange rates for how many points one gets per resource, a 0,5 points/good rate is pretty bad, given that normally a 0,6 - 0,75 rate can be achieved by careful play.

So the second assault cost is therefore the most self-evident one given the highest discrepancy in rates.

In the other assaults paying the goods is usally the best option, which is fine from a gameplay view, paying the points should be a punishment for the player who didn't save up for the raid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'd 100% buy an expansion for this game. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dorota w
Spain
Bilbao
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STOCKBROT wrote:

Can you share any more information about the expansion? I understand it may or may not be published, but I (and others) would be interested in what you wanted to add.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skovatch wrote:
STOCKBROT wrote:

Can you share any more information about the expansion? I understand it may or may not be published, but I (and others) would be interested in what you wanted to add.

Thanks!

I am very sorry but right at the moment I can not tell anything. Sorry :-(
As soon as I am free to tell, I will!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hopefully with Mr. Vasel's glowing review this game should get a sales boost it clearly deserves and that will in turn green light the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
GIR, quickly, ride the pig!
badge
Yaaaaaay! I don't know what you just said!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything we can do to help get this expansion released? Harass a publisher perhaps? Send shipment after shipment of dates to them until their offices are ready to burst the they get the hint that we want this released?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
Cloud break over Centennial Hall, Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, after a severe thunderstorm
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkeas wrote:
Is there anything we can do to help get this expansion released? Harass a publisher perhaps? Send shipment after shipment of dates to them until their offices are ready to burst the they get the hint that we want this released?

Spreading piles of fresh-ground pepper in their office would get their attention...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babbar S
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
STOCKBROT wrote:

That's great news! I'm really intrigued with the idea of "new tension" in the game along with the usual worker placement tension. Good luck in getting it published!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the publisher doesn't pick it up, perhaps you could try Kickstarter or some variation of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'd certainly KS it. It's a top-notch game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bouvier
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STOCKBROT wrote:

+1 to all those who are clamouring for this one. Sign me up too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you add some more resource tokens with the expansion. That seems to be a common complaint - is that there aren't enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Targi Fans

sadly I must tell You that the publisher has informed me that they don´t see a market for a Targi expansion at the moment
Maybe if the sales will be constant also in the future they will consider it again, but for the moment it is a no.
I will accept this decision and will not try to use Kickstarter or something alike to push a publishment on my own, because I don´t want to undermine my very good relations to my publisher.
I am very sorry to tell You this.
Thanks for all Your interest in the expansion and the base game.

Greetings and thanks again

Andy Steiger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very surprising news to me. Targi has been out-of-stock at the big US OLGS for much of the past couple of months (as it is right now). With the recent video reviews & apparently brisk sales, I assumed this recent momentum meant an expansion might happen.

Anyway, as badly as we Targi fans feel, I'm sure Andy feels worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
*psst!* Hey, Andy... use KS, we promise we won't tell. laugh

All kidding aside, this is sad news :/ hope they change their minds.

Could we help in some way? Would emailing the publisher telling them our interest in the game do anything or would that be exactly what you don't want?

How about the publisher using Kickstarter for that particular expansion? '...they don´t see a market for a Targi expansion at the moment.' Sounds like the perfect excuse to use KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.