Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the rules at http://treasurevalleygames.com/games/forces_of_evil/print_an...

I also saw some player sessions (especially the one with two players) and it convinced me that this game really is a blast with just two players.

Why do I mention this? Well way too many publishers mention that their game is playable with "2-x" players, but when you do play them with two players it seems something is missing or not working (think of a two player auction in some games). "Forces of Evil" however seems to work perfectly well with the minimum amount of players.

This certainly is a VERY good thing for people like myself who play a lot of games with their spouse.

I thought this just worth to mention. That and the fact that there is much interaction and you can manipulate "time".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Runyan
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunter-- yes, I actually have played this about equally two-player and multi-player. There is a subtle difference with the 2-player in that the bonus scoring conditions at the end of the game often become zero-sum equations. (I have the most x, you have the most y, score difference is 0). With more players, the end game math gets a little more complicated (because you have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places now).

One more thing is that two-player can go very fast. A lot of times you don't need the turn tokens at all in a two-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.