Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For once I am actually managing to get to a lower level!

... but a quick question that I could not find a direct answer on the forum: On the lower levels are many events that trigger an attack on a higher level. These cards also state "if no target available draw new event". Ok so far .... but should I discard the first event, or return it to the bottom of the event pile? The rules state that unless stated on the card, the event should be discarded, but this also feels like an 'attack avoidance' which causes the card to be placed on the bottom.

cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrigley wrote:
For once I am actually managing to get to a lower level!

... but a quick question that I could not find a direct answer on the forum: On the lower levels are many events that trigger an attack on a higher level. These cards also state "if no target available draw new event". Ok so far .... but should I discard the first event, or return it to the bottom of the event pile? The rules state that unless stated on the card, the event should be discarded, but this also feels like an 'attack avoidance' which causes the card to be placed on the bottom.

cheers!
Hmm, as I understood, you seem to be right But I think that having no target on upper level is a very bad situation and avoiding an attack isn't going to help

So in fact, you are discarding an attack to be out for the rest of the game but you are still closer to losing as you don't have an active character on an upper level. And still, it's usually better to have more cards in the level deck as to buy yourself more time before the final inception

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is no target on an attacked level there can be no fight/attack.
Therefore the attack card is discarded and you draw a new event card.

An attacked level without target usually stays empty unless you reach Limbo and manage to send someone back to that level. So placing attack cards back under their draw pile wouldn't change anything on levels 1 or higher. When they show up again there will still be no target.

Anyway, on level 0 it would affect gameplay if you put the card back under the pile. I wouldn't recommend it because this will make the endgame much harder and most probaly frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Super!

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.