Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that the exclusives for the Samurai level have gotten a but ridiculous. As of now, there are going to be 18 new characters added to the game (as far as I can tell, for everybody who gets the collector's edition, even later on). But the collector's edition only includes miniatures for the 16 original characters. Isn't this a bit ridiculous, providing minis for less than half the playable characters? Sure it is great for convincing people to pledge now, but seems like a great way to hurt sales of the CE later on. What are their plans for the extra mini sculpts once the KS is over? Sell them as an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the original wooden playing pieces are still going to be included, so you can play any of the character/cards using a generic playing piece on the board or one of the minis that may be similar to the character on the card. As to later, well it'll be better than the original, but not as good as the KS. KS exclusives are exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connors
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the miniatures are included for all the characters in the stretch goals. The only confusion is whether all backers get the Shogun level characters, for which miniatures have not been promised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Tan
Australia
Townsville
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure every backer will get all the unlocked characters, but only the tiles. Meanwhile, Samurai and above gets miniatures for it. The game still comes with generic wooden meeples like it did in the standard edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is what I was trying to say:

All versions of the Collector's Edition come with 16+16 characters, plus Antoine and Naiade (I think).
Samurai gets minis for all those characters.
However, the standard version of the Collector's Edition doesn't get any minis for the new 16 characters, Antoine or Naiade. Those are marked "exclusive."

Doesn't this seem odd to you? I would honestly rather pay a little bit less for the CE and not get ANY miniatures, instead of getting minis for less than half the characters in the box. I am almost certain that the extra minis and the Matsuri expansion will be sold as an expansion later on, but it seems that there are a lot of conflicting stories going around.

In any case, big congratulations to Antoine Bauza and FunForge for a highly successful kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Doesn't this seem odd to you? I would honestly rather pay a little bit less for the CE and not get ANY miniatures, instead of getting minis for less than half the characters in the box. I am almost certain that the extra minis and the Matsuri expansion will be sold as an expansion later on, but it seems that there are a lot of conflicting stories going around.

In any case, big congratulations to Antoine Bauza and FunForge for a highly successful kickstarter!

I probably would have gone for a no mini's option if there was one as well. However i went for the Samurai level as i would rather have all of them than just half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Tan
Australia
Townsville
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squiz wrote:
I probably would have gone for a no mini's option if there was one as well. However i went for the Samurai level as i would rather have all of them than just half.

That's how they getcha! Same reason why I backed the Samurai tier; you can't have HALF a collection of minis! Board-gamers' OCD is a bitch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsowner wrote:
squiz wrote:

That's how they getcha! Same reason why I backed the Samurai tier; you can't have HALF a collection of minis! Board-gamers' OCD is a bitch.

Yeah, it worked a treat! the Samurai level was the most popular one by far.

Wonder whether this game will take my OCD to a new level. I cringe whenever someone opens a bag of crisps while playing my games for fear of making the cards greasy. Probably wont let them near this game, display purposes only!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Sousa Campos
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dsowner wrote:
squiz wrote:

Same or me, and for a lot of people.

Less than 300 people pledge the normal CE, while over 4000 got the samurai. and you can see that some of the early bids for the normal must have upgrade for the samurai if you look at the empty spots left for those early bids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explosive 6
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The page isn't clear but I thought only painted minis were kickstarter exclusive. I think the CE will include all the minis but just unpainted, though as I said it isn't clear...

Quote:
KS exclusives: The KS exclusives are indicated in the sretch goal. At this time all of the painted minis are KS exclusives only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Explosive6 wrote:
The page isn't clear but I thought only painted minis were kickstarter exclusive. I think the CE will include all the minis but just unpainted, though as I said it isn't clear...

Quote:
KS exclusives: The KS exclusives are indicated in the sretch goal. At this time all of the painted minis are KS exclusives only.

I messaged them about this a while back and here is what they said (which I think means no minis in the retail edition?):

Quote:
The base CE edition will be available in store after this campaign.
The "Samurai" and up edition (including strecth goals) is exclusive to this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
I messaged them about this a while back and here is what they said (which I think means no minis in the retail edition?):

Quote:
The base CE edition will be available in store after this campaign.
The "Samurai" and up edition (including stretch goals) is exclusive to this campaign.

Would that make the new expansion KS Exclusive as well? If it is, I'd imagine there will be many people unhappy about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Tan
Australia
Townsville
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But on the KS page, if you look at stretch goals, the character packs are "free for all" but the miniatures (painted or not) are for "samurai pledges and above only".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears to me the only thing that will be truly exclusive are the preprinted minis but the minis themselves will be available at retail seperately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Tan
Australia
Townsville
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the MRSP $90?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsowner wrote:
Isn't the MRSP $90?

Yeah, says estimated retail price is $90 on the kickstarter page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
The regular CE level wasn't a good purchase, since there was no reason not to wait and get the same thing later for cheaper. It wouldn't bother me particularly to only have minis for half the characters. Nor would I be bothered to use the generic meeples and not have minis at all. I'd probably still end up getting the Matsuri expansion later, but who knows.

I went in for a Samurai, BTW. I figure I can always resell it if I decide I just want the regular CE. Thinking about getting a copy of the original in the meantime.

Sometimes I amuse myself w/ all my game-shuffling.

Yes... I went in at Ronin... only to kick myself when I saw what Samurai was offering!!! cry

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SWAP THEIR SAMURAI FOR MY RONIN - I WOULD BE A HAPPY MAN! (But I doubt this...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madad07 wrote:
silverbowen wrote:
The regular CE level wasn't a good purchase, since there was no reason not to wait and get the same thing later for cheaper. It wouldn't bother me particularly to only have minis for half the characters. Nor would I be bothered to use the generic meeples and not have minis at all. I'd probably still end up getting the Matsuri expansion later, but who knows.

I went in for a Samurai, BTW. I figure I can always resell it if I decide I just want the regular CE. Thinking about getting a copy of the original in the meantime.

Sometimes I amuse myself w/ all my game-shuffling.

Yes... I went in at Ronin... only to kick myself when I saw what Samurai was offering!!! cry

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SWAP THEIR SAMURAI FOR MY RONIN - I WOULD BE A HAPPY MAN! (But I doubt this...)

Might be worth contacting them to see if you could upgrade to samurai.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.