United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
So I just pulled my dudes out of their years-long hibernation, and a few of the figures had a white-ish film on their bases. Maybe 10% or less, and it was much worse (thicker, though even on the worst it was just a very thin film) on some than others.

The plastic itself doesn't appear to be corroded, but to you chemistry types out there: what is this stuff?

Any ideas on how to prevent it? Will it eventually ruin the figures? I guess they won't last forever... But after 2-3 years, it was kinda gross to have this odd, slightly oily stuff (felt a little like crayon...?) on them, almost entirely on their bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something to do with the chem profile of the plastic. Happened on several of the sets, night below being one of them. Apparently it's no biggie, wipe it off or wash it off and you're good. Will eventually come back though.

Want to trade your lot?

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.