Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This game has a number of rules that apply to special situations. I get the impression that these are easily forgotten, especially for new players. I intend to create a reference card that players can have available to ensure these rules are not forgotten.

I am still confused about a few things. Can anyone answer these questions?
- If I want to show someone my mission card and they asked me for BUILD, do I still have to show 2 build cards or could I show 1 build, 1 identity, and my secret mission?
- Can I show someone my mission if they questioned me using the ambassador?
- Does everyone lose if two players shake hands but they were not partners?

Is there anything else that I should put on here? Do you see anything missing?

MOVEMENT
Orange - Move on land
Blue - Move on water
White - Move on land or water
Purple - Move opponent
Black - Move ambassador

- may move through your own or other figures
- cannot be two figures of the same color on one space
- cannot share two or more spaces with the same opponent
- do not have to use all movement actions
- may move an extra space instead of asking question (may not land on another figure)

QUESTIONS
You can question each player only once per turn.
(Exception: you can question a player twice by meeting them and using the ambassador.)

TO PLAYER
You get to see 1 build, 1 identity, and 1 build/identity card (your choice)
At least one card must be true

TO AMBASSADOR
See 2 build or 2 identity of any player
One card must be true

- at least one identity/build card must be true when showing mission
- the target player may choose to show secret or color cards
- the target player can substitute his mission card for any of the other cards, one other card must still be true
- a player may not reveal the same set of cards twice, nor 2 cards that were in a 3-card set. Repeating a card set will require you to show a new set with one less card.
- after questioning a player figure, move that figure to any unnumbered unoccupied board space
- after questioning the ambassador, move the ambassador to any unoccupied starting space

COMPLETE THE MISSION
You may only complete your mission on your turn
When a mission indicates "any piece," it means any one of your or your partner's figures.
The active player must initiate a handshake with his partner and state "Mission Complete"
You and your partner lose if your partner refuses to shake hands or you try to shake hands with the wrong player

3-PLAYER GAME
One player has no partner.
That player must reach the space marked with a running figure on the passport to win.
The partners must complete their mission following the normal rules to win.

5-PLAYER GAME
One player plays as the Ambassador.
The Ambassador may move one or two spaces on his turn.
If the Ambassador ends his move on a space with another figure, he may ask that player for 2 build or 2 identity cards. One must be true.
If players use the Ambassador figure to ask questions, the Ambassador player also gets to see the two cards.
The Ambassador must know the identity and build of all other players to win. He declares "I know who you are!" when he has all the information. The other players then continue to play until one player declares "Mission Accomplished."
If a player mission says "Move the Ambassador to...," the mission instead becomes "Move one of your agents to..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correction to your post: after questioning the ambassador, he has to be moved to the Embassy, if unoccupied. If not, you move him to any unoccupied colored space.

As for your pertinent questions:

- If I want to show someone my mission card and they asked me for BUILD, do I still have to show 2 build cards or could I show 1 build, 1 identity, and my secret mission?
To me it seems that the mission card can replace any card you would have to show, so both situations would be valid. But one of the other 2 cards has to be true.

- Can I show someone my mission if they questioned me using the ambassador?
Again I would apply the same principle, you can show the mission, but the other card would have to be true.

Makes sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Verbelen
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helioa wrote:
Correction to your post: after questioning the ambassador, he has to be moved to the Embassy, if unoccupied. If not, you move him to any unoccupied colored space.

Really? Seems in another thread ( http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1027025/expulsion-question-a... consensus is you can choose embassy or coloured (starting)space. Played it yesterday and this came up. It's way easier if he always goes back to the embassy because you can easily and effectively block him in on the first round and prevent other people from using him. And even moving him (came up in the first round: the two spaces linked to embassy were occupied, other player rolls black and can't move the ambassador. ... guess the black ball was cancelled then.

Quote:
As for your pertinent questions:

Makes sense...

In the rules it's stated that in this case the team who initiated the wrong handshake loses.

But please do correct me if I'm wrong ... had the same questions myself ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1st point: I agree with you, Gunther, more than Hélio. After reading the rules, it seems that the ambassador can move the either his own start space or a player's start space. If you think about it, that makes sense since you don't want a player to be able to camp next to the ambassador's house.

2nd point: where did you find that win/lose condition in the rules? I must have overlooked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Verbelen
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be I read it phrased like that in another topic here (previous to posting I had been digging through these forums).

On page 9 in the rulebook it is said that you may only complete a mission in your turn. So somebody (the active player) has to initiate the handshake.

under Winning the game it's stated that you must now check if you are right about the partners AND the mission. If you are wrong the opposing team wins.

So ... the active player is the one initiating the handshake: If that player is wrong on any account OR the other player refuses the handshake, the opposing team wins.

So whatever happens: unless he's completely right and wins, the opposing team of the active player wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skew skew
msg tools
Irozato wrote:

On page 9 in the rulebook it is said that you may only complete a mission in your turn. So somebody (the active player) has to initiate the handshake.

I think page 9 leaves open for the *partner* of the active player to also initiate the handshake. This matters because sometimes the active player has less information than his partner and can just *try* one of the possible missions, waiting for his partner to confirm with the handshake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.