http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/192292
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a good deal. Cheaper than Amazon and MM even when you include the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Croxall
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
www.profhacker.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reviews of this one leave me completely uninterested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Horrible rule book. Makes the game seem unintelligible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AAron G
United States
Tallmadge
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
played it once just horrible...died early then get to watch for an hour others play a terrible game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
played it once just horrible...died early then get to watch for an hour others play a terrible game.

I play it with my kids and we enjoy it.

The rulebook isn't great, but it isn't that difficult a game.

I'm also not sure how you were out for so long after you died. Fighting is the last thing done in the round and it goes pretty quick. Even if your first monster gets you somehow, it shouldn't be more than five-ten minutes you are out. You come back next round.

I think the initial reviews did kill this one because so much was expected, but we find it a neat little game.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
As a counter-balance, it's worth pointing out that the reviews were pretty mixed, with some people very much disliking the game and some people loving the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rhodes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As Seen on TV!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought it when CSI had it on sale last time. Due to the very polarized reviews, I wasn't sure which side I would fall on.

After one play, I'm happy to report that . . . I'm still not sure what to think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AAron G
United States
Tallmadge
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well true not out for the whole game but dying right out the gate every round pretty much the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoUrden wrote:
Well true not out for the whole game but dying right out the gate every round pretty much the same thing.

No offense, but it sounds like you need more practice. I used to have the same problem, but the better I got at the game the less that issue became a concern. Once everyone is experienced, it's still possible a player gets -really- unlucky, but it should definitely be a very rare occurance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AAron G
United States
Tallmadge
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i really wanted to like the game, I really dig dungeon crawls that let you upgrade stats, get cool gear, and collect shinies it's just my favorite type of game.

I thought of this game like teaching a kid how to ride a bike, with the rule when you fall I punch you in the face. Just not my idea of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I thought of this game like teaching a kid how to ride a bike, with the rule when you fall I punch you in the face. Just not my idea of fun.

I don't know...I think this is a classic case of experience being an important factor.

If you get hammered on your first few games, you aren't likely to keep playing. However, since this is a drafting game, as you learn the card distribution and what works best for your character, you get better.

That's not to see you won't lose once and awhile to a monster...especially if someone gives you one you aren't prepared for.

It's just that with more plays comes more experience and such "punches in the face" won't be as frequent.

Of course, if you aren't enjoying the game, then you shouldn't play it. Trying to "get better" at a game you don't like makes no sense.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.