Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick C Connor Jr
United States
Jamestown
New York
flag msg tools
mb

Good Morning Mage Wars Fans! Today, we feature Construction Yard with a preview by our very own Creative Director, Aaron Brosman!

You can read the preview here: http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/forged-in-fire-p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice! Lets hope its viable though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - this is a great combo with Conquer destroying conjurations and Construction Yard gaining the mana to help pay replacement costs.

Do we really have to wait for June? I hate long supply chains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems the new warlord is all about destroying conjurations...

It's an interesting way to go, gives it something unique, but I am intrigued to learn how it addresses the issues. This conjuration killer would appear somewhat dependent on the opposing mage casting a lot of conjurations in the first place.

Will there be anything in the new deck to address the warlord's identified issues of low mobility (triple price teleport etc), slow build up, relative lack of mana, underperforming weenies, and uncompetitive outposts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think you're missing something here. There's nothing on the card that says that the destroyed conjuration has to be an enemy one. If the Warlord creates conjurations and his opponent destroys them the mana still goes on the Construction yard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ML2376 wrote:
I think you're missing something here. There's nothing on the card that says that the destroyed conjuration has to be an enemy one. If the Warlord creates conjurations and his opponent destroys them the mana still goes on the Construction yard.

Good point. Hopefully the warlord will find more conjurations worth casting with this deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why they didn't make this a spawnpoint in its own right, with the ability to cast conjurations. I could imagine putting it somewhere in the middle of the board, with the ability to cast outposts around it...

I guess this card does give some utility to the goblin builder, but it feels pretty convoluted. Why not dispense with the useless builder and just have the construction yard fulfill all the functions (mana generation and building)?

I'll be interested to see it in action though. With this, and a barracks, and a builder, and then other outposts, you could imagine building a powerful machine. Trouble is, it all takes so long to get going - which was the problem in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.