Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a few online games where I get a message saying the game was forfeited because of time running out. I don't think I take too long, 20-30 seconds at the most per turn when there are a lot of cards to look over. WTF??? Anyone else have this happen to them? What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnston
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way to handle this is to pick games with longer periods of time. Playing a game with 7 Days as the time limit means each of you has 168 hours of time to play your side of the game.

The key here is that your turn starts when the other person finishes their turn, not when you start to play your turn. If you play once a day and your opponent plays 1 hour after you, their clock loses one hour and yours loses the other 23 when you don't play until the next day.

In short, play the longer games unless you want a quick game to sit down and play start to finish. For that, a 10-minute game gives that to each side, so it will last less than 20 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks! Wish they could bump it up to 15 minutes. 10 seems a little short based on how many were forfeited. Especially playing with all exp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you create a game you can set a longer time limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
When you create a game you can set a longer time limit.
Yep. I always create 28 day games, just in case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.