Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!

What about the Ex attack card SLIDE.
I do not get it at all! wow

It says:

"This Attack does not hit opponents", but yet it has a power value, and not the recognizable N/A. And it becomes better!

Before Activating: Move 1,2 or 3 spaces. The range of this attack is the space occupied by an opponent you moved past during this movement.

But .... but.... "This Attack does not hit opponents",
why does it have a range???? and a power value??

As for the ability itself, i guess it means, if i move past one opponent, and i find my self 2 spaces behind him, then i'm guessing that the attack range is 2~2.

But why do i need this range again??

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an issue left over from the previous version of slide. Or maybe a copy/paste issue from dash, I don't remember what the actual reason was. Regardless, Slide does in fact hit opponents. Ignore the "This attack does not hit opponents." clause.

The range is worded that way so that you don't worry about the actual numbers involved. If switch sides with an opponent with slide's movement, they are hit by slide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Errata then!

Yes i thought that the range means that the opponent is surely in range, like sliding and hitting him thematically!

thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladislav Goldakovsky
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
At first, I interpreted this as, while dealing damage, this base doesn't trigger "On Hit" effects.

Was I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Guarino-Watson
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it used to deal exactly 1 damage when you switched sides and had the provision that it didn't hit and had N/A power. This was so you could not add any extra power to the attack. Now you can add extra power (and trigger On Hit & On Damage effects) and someone accidentally left the provision on the card. This is indeed errata and it is definitely officially not supposed to be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.