Trevor M-K
msg tools
Hello everyone, dug these up a few days ago and I can't seem to find anything about them. What I do remember was that it was a 3D game shaped like a hill and I think played similar to parcheesi. You started your army of either yellow, blue, red or green soldiers on one side of the hill and ultimately try to make it to the opposite side.

In a long shot, I'm also feeling nostalgic about trying to remember a 3D surfing/climbing board game. If I recall correctly, the goal was to move up towards the top of the board and occasionally if rolled/spun on, a clear silicone "slime" (every parents favorite accessory in the 90s) was poured from the top and would reset those caught in its wake.

I like to think these were both in the mid 80s/90s, I know the soldier game is real, but I may be hallucinating the surfing one, I know that most games and toys that used the slime/ooze didn't last long.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to geeklist: Stump the Chumps@BGG!
which has other such geeklists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mello22 wrote:
Hello everyone, dug these up a few days ago and I can't seem to find anything about them. What I do remember was that it was a 3D game shaped like a hill and I think played similar to parcheesi. You started your army of either yellow, blue, red or green soldiers on one side of the hill and ultimately try to make it to the opposite side.

The miniatures look similar to those used in Electronic Battle Cry!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor M-K
msg tools
Thank you! That's definitely the game, was quite a throwback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mello22 wrote:
In a long shot, I'm also feeling nostalgic about trying to remember a 3D surfing/climbing board game. If I recall correctly, the goal was to move up towards the top of the board and occasionally if rolled/spun on, a clear silicone "slime" (every parents favorite accessory in the 90s) was poured from the top and would reset those caught in its wake.

Was the "slime" game Slime Monster Game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor M-K
msg tools
Hi Herb, no I've looked at that game and I think the one I'm picturing is meant to to simulate a wave crashing down on you or a "slime" avalanche. The "Slime Monster" game comes up as the main response to any search with slime in it. Ironically, you could do a search for Electronic Battle Cry and only BGG has any real information on it.

Like I said before, I could be imagining the game with the slime, but maybe someone else has heard of something similar. Thanks for the response though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio De Leo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not with Slime, but with the concept of "climbing up" and being swept by something from the top.

Fireball Island

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Schneider
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Randomly came across this searching around. The surfer climbing game is called "Wipe Out"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.